Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Maren Morris files for divorce from Ryan Hurd, just 2 weeks after he said 'she needs to be celebrated'

2023-10-18 04:22
Maren Morris cited 'irreconcilable differences' as the reason for the split and asked the court to honor their prenup
Maren Morris files for divorce from Ryan Hurd, just 2 weeks after he said 'she needs to be celebrated'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Just two weeks after her husband Ryan Hurd praised her on Instagram, country singer Maren Morris has filed for divorce from him.

PageSix reported that Morris cited “irreconcilable differences” as the reason for the split and asked the court to honor their prenup.

Maren Morris has sought for the joint custody of her son

Morris, 33, submitted the divorce papers on October 2, seeking joint custody of their son, Hayes, three, and a permanent parenting plan.

She also requested that the court grant her her separate property.

The date of separation listed by Morris is the same as the date of filing, indicating that the decision was abrupt.

The divorce comes weeks after Ryan Hurd came in support of his wife against online criticism

Hurd, 36, had posted a supportive message for Morris on September 18 when she announced that she was leaving country music because of its “toxic” environment.

He wrote that she “deserves to be celebrated, not just tolerated” and expressed his anger at the online criticism that she faced for her outspokenness.

He also said that he was proud of Morris for making music that resonated with her fans and that he couldn’t wait for her to go on tour.

He ended his post with a note of love for Morris and a disregard for any negative comments.

Maren Morris and Ryan Hurd collaborated on several songs

Morris and Hurd met in 2013 as songwriters and became friends. They started dating in 2015 and got engaged in 2017.

They tied the knot in 2018 in Nashville. They welcomed their son Hayes in March 2020.

Before calling it quits, Morris and Hurd collaborated on several songs, from his 2021 ballad 'Chasing After You' to her 2022 single 'I Can’t Love You Any More.'

Ryan Hurd was Maren Morris' most vocal supporter

During her highly publicized feud with Jason and Brittany Aldean last year, Hurd was also one of Morris' most vocal supporters, as reported by Us Weekly.

In August 2022, Morris publicly criticized Brittany, 35, for her controversial remarks on gender-affirming care for trans youth.

Hurd, who was married to her at the time, quickly defended her against the backlash.

“Scoring quick points by picking on trans kids isn’t something that is brave at all,” he tweeted at the time.

“And I’m proud of Maren for sticking up for them. … Shut up and sing only applies to those who you disagree with,” he added.

He continued, “Getting a lot of people telling me our career is over, as if the last time she spoke up about something it disappeared."

"Honestly, we’re pretty OK over here. Tours are good, got a [son] we love, we’re f—king fine and I promise she isn’t going to shut up now,” stated Hurd.

Tags news