Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Fake video of LeBron James grooving to Oliver Anthony's 'Rich Men North of Richmond' triggers trolls

2023-08-25 15:25
The purported video showed LeBron James listening to the Country hit as he drove
Fake video of LeBron James grooving to Oliver Anthony's 'Rich Men North of Richmond' triggers trolls

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: A purported video of LeBron James grooving to Oliver Anthony's 'Rich Men North of Richmond' on Tuesday, August 15 has created a frenzy on X.

The video spread like wildfire as the song gained popularity and reached the top of Apple Music's Top 100 USA chart.

The song has sparked discussions, with publications such as Forbes, Rolling Stone and The Washington Post claiming that right-wing influencers and pundits were responsible for the song's success.

An X user tweeted a video that showed James driving while listening to the song.

The caption read, "Didn't have @KingJames supporting @AintGottaDollar and 'Rich Men North of Richmond' on my bingo card but here we are."

Is the video fake or real?

While the video was genuine, James was not listening to 'Rich Men North of Richmond.' Instead, he was listening to The Jacksons' 'This Place Hotel, per Sports Yahoo.

Netizens react to LeBron James' video

Even though the video was not true, netizens responded to the video. One wrote, "He's going to come out and say he’s been listening to him since his heat days."

Another user penned, "He’s mocking him because he’s jealous. Oliver has an old soul. He sold his."

A different user mocked the fake video and wrote, "Billionaire thinking he can identify with normal working class people."

Another wrote, "I think I’m gonna puke. Really Labron now thinks he a country boy. Jay sing the song and stop eating off his plate Song is too good for that."

Who is LeBron James?

LeBron James is a professional NBA player and is widely regarded as one of the greatest players of all time.

He has won NBA titles with the Miami Heat (2012 and 2013), the Cleveland Cavaliers (2016), and the Los Angeles Lakers (2020).

In 2023, he broke Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's record (38,387) to become the NBA's all-time leading scorer.