Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Harrison Ford wants 'Indiana Jones' to end with him as fans rally for Chris Pratt to play iconic role

2023-05-27 20:22
Harrison Ford has worked in five films of the franchise, including the upcoming ‘Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny’ scheduled for release on June 30
Harrison Ford wants 'Indiana Jones' to end with him as fans rally for Chris Pratt to play iconic role

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Harrison Ford and his love for the ‘Indiana Jones’ movies is well-known. The veteran actor has worked in five films of the franchise, including the upcoming ‘Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny’ scheduled for release on June 30. The new one is believed to be the last of Ford as ‘Indy’.

But many ‘Indiana Jones’ fans have shared their desire to see Chris Pratt as Dr Henry Walton "Indiana" Jones, Jr after Ford. A Twitter user said, “We shouldn’t have to raise Harrison Ford from the dead to enjoy another #IndianaJones adventure. After seeing Chris Pratt in both GotG & Jurassic World, he became my new candidate for a recast. It’s not hard. Henry Cavill was #Superman & we’re trying to figure out new casting now.”

ALSO READ

The Strange Case of Harrison Ford and the Oscars: Superstar is one of few bonafide A-listers not to win

'I think you're still very hot': Harrison Ford, 80, gets flustered by 'thirst question' posed by Cannes reporter

‘They should’ve given this franchise to Chris Pratt a decade ago’

Another user shared, “I may get heat for this but Chris Pratt as Indiana Jones would rock.” The third one wrote, “I hope they continue the Indiana Jones franchise and cast Chris Pratt as Indy.” The fourth one stated, “If they ever decided to make a rebooted version of Indiana Jones in the near future? The only two individuals I could see playing Indy? Are Chris Pratt or Bradley Cooper? Both of which have worked for Disney before and look like Harrison Ford.”

“Idk why we couldn't have just gotten that Chris Pratt Indiana Jones movie. Not sure if it'd be better or worse but it'd probably be an improvement,” a tweet read. Another one added, “They should’ve given this franchise to Chris Pratt a decade ago. They could’ve made three movies and billion dollars w him as the new Indy by now. Even Pratt is too old now, much less 80yo Ford.”

‘Once I'm gone, he's gone’

However, it seems the OG “Indy” does not want that. In an interview a few years ago, Ford said as per Startefacts.com, “Don't you get it, I'm Indiana Jones. Once I'm gone, he's gone.”

Meanwhile, as per reports, the apparent last installment of ‘Indiana Jones’ premiered on May 18 at the 2023 Cannes Film Festival. The screening gave birth to the discussion around the usage of de-aging technology in Hollywood. Entertainment Weekly reported that Ford got “de-aged for a flashback sequence in the new Indiana Jones movie”.

‘I'm really happy with my age’

But the ‘Blade Runner’ star denied it and said, “I know that that is my face. It's not a kind of Photoshop magic — that's what I looked like 35 years ago. Because Lucasfilm has every frame of film that we've made together over all of these years. And this process, this scientific mining of this library, this was put to good [use]...”

“It's just a trick unless it's supported by a story, and it sticks out like a sore thumb if it's not honest, it's not real... I mean, emotionally real. And so I think it was used very skillfully,” he asserted. Ford also claimed to be happy with his changing appearance due to his growing age. He added, “I'm very happy with it, but I don't look back and say, 'I wish I was that guy again,' because I don't. I'm really happy with my age. I love being older. It was great to be young, but s---fire I could be dead, and I'm still working.”

This article contains remarks made on the Internet by individual people and organizations. MEAWW cannot confirm them independently and does not support claims or opinions being made online.

Tags news epcelebs