Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'I'm trying to make sure they enjoy being a kid': Stephen Curry says he won't force his children into sports

2023-10-25 05:29
'So she's found something she loves, and she's passionate about it,' Stephen Curry said referring to his 11-year-old daughter Riley
'I'm trying to make sure they enjoy being a kid': Stephen Curry says he won't force his children into sports

SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA: Stephen Curry knows the pain of being under pressure and he’s not letting his children have any of that.

The four-time NBA champion said that he’s keeping all options open for his three children. "We're all backyard sports right now," said Curry, who shares daughters Riley, 11, and Ryan, eight, and son Canon, five, with Ayesha.

"Nothing too organized. Especially for Canon, he's only five. So we've got plenty of time. He's an all-sports type of dude. But his attention span is just like a five-year-old's," he said.

Stephen Curry reflects on the pressure children have to go through these days

He told People, "It's more just confidence building and their ability to find joy in everything they do."

Stephen added, "I think that's a huge part of kids these days, not feeling too much pressure on having to be successful or keep up with their counterparts."

"I'm just trying to make sure that whatever they do, they're having fun. There's lots being thrown at them on a daily basis and a lot of perceived pressures. So I'm trying to make sure they enjoy being a kid and finding joy in everything they do."

Stephen Curry says his daughter Riley is naturally drawn to sports

In his previous interview, Stephen shared that his eldest child Riley is naturally drawn to sports.

"I've introduced pretty much every sport, for the most part, to all of them," said two-time Most Valuable Player (MVP) in July.

"And Riley, she's super into volleyball right now, and a light bulb went off, actually this year, where she's excited to go to practice and dribbling or passing the ball around the house and all that type of stuff," he added.

"So she's found something she loves, and she's passionate about it, and she loves to work at it," he continued.

Curry’s partner Ayesha reflected on her own career and how her pregnancy at an early age affected her chances to explore more.

"What I started to realize was I was becoming this woman at such a young age when other people would still potentially be in college or just figuring out who they want to be," she said on Skimm'd From The Couch.

Ayesha cleared that she "thoroughly enjoyed being a mom," but she would be hoping to do more as an individual.

She interestingly went on to introduce a recipe blog which has been a quite success.

Tags news