Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Theresa Nist and Gerry Turner drop huge announcement during 'The Golden Bachelor' finale amid split rumors

2023-12-01 11:57
Theresa Nist and Gerry Turner share an emotional bond as they both lost their spouses tol illness
Theresa Nist and Gerry Turner drop huge announcement during 'The Golden Bachelor' finale amid split rumors

HUDSON, INDIANA: 'The Golden Bachelor' star Gerry Turner recently got engaged to Theresa Nist during the finale of the ABC show. However, the couple appeared to be happily together and in love even after the ABC show.

During the live premiere, it was revealed that Gerry and Theresa would get married on January 4, 2024, in Italy. Additionally, Gerry and Theresa's wedding would be broadcast live on ABC.

However, 'The Golden Bachelor' couple's wedding news soon after Theresa was spotted without her engagement ring in New Jersey. The couple sparked split speculation which eventually got debunked with the wedding announcement.

The split rumor sparked after the ABC show winner was photographed in her hometown just before boarding a plane to fly to Los Angeles for the live 'Golden Bachelor' finale.

In the photo obtained by The US Sun, Theresa was spotted outside a local HomeGoods store as she hurried into her car. Although she was not wearing an engagement ring, Theresa had a gold ring on her middle finger, which she also wore on the show.

Gerry Turner and Theresa Nist share a 'tragic past'

Gerry Turner and Theresa Nist share a tragic past as they both lost their partners. According to the outlet, Gerry's late wife and high school sweetheart Toni Turner, died on July 15, 2017, at 65 years.

She was reportedly being taken care of at a hospital in Fort Wayne, Indiana before she was declared dead. Meanwhile, Theresa's husband, William 'Bill' Nist, who was also her high school sweetheart, tragically died on November 11, 2014, at 63 years old.

They were married for 42 years. Theresa revealed during an episode of 'The Golden Bachelor' that her husband's 'kidneys were not good.'

Gerry Turner sobs after ditching Leslie Fhima

During 'The Golden Bachelor' finale, Gerry Turner broke down in tears after he ditched Leslie Fhima for Theresa Nist. He told host Jesse Palmer that the only time he had been in more pain was when he lost his wife adding, "And this is a g*****n close second."

He cried and noted that he would never be able to get Leslie's heartbroken face out of his mind. He said he hated himself for breaking her heart.

Meanwhile, Leslie admitted to host Palmer, "I was devastated." She claimed she was "unapologetically herself" throughout the entire process and noted, "I haven't fallen in love with someone for a very long time so it was hard."

'Golden Bachelor' runner-up Leslie Fhima accuses Gerry Turner of lying

'Golden Bachelor' runner-up Leslie Fhima called out Gerry Turner after he broke her heart. After Gerry revealed that she couldn't gt engage with Leslie, the runner-up broke down in tears and said, "Everything you told me the other night was a complete and utter lie, Gerry."

As she cried, Leslie seemingly blamed herself and said this is how her life goes. When he told her not to think that way, she responded, "No offense, I can think whatever the fuck I want right now."

She added, "I’m heartbroken once again, but now I have to do it in front of the whole world to see… You made it sound like you chose me. You said things to me that made me think that this was going to be it."

Leslie further noted, "You led me down a path and then you took a turn and left me there and that’s how I feel."

'The Golden Bachelor' airs on Thursdays on ABC at 8 pm ET.