Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Where was Camela Leierth-Segura? Katy Perry songwriter reappears after going 'missing' for months

2023-10-08 19:57
Camela Leierth-Segura collaborated with Katy Perry for her 'Walking on Air'
Where was Camela Leierth-Segura? Katy Perry songwriter reappears after going 'missing' for months

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Camela Leierth-Segura, 48, a songwriter who once collaborated with Katy Perry, has been found alive three months after being reported missing.

After Camela, 48, was evicted from the home she rented, the lyricist and occasional model was last heard by friends on June 29. She was last seen in Robbins Drive, Beverly Hills, per Daily Mail.

The Beverly Hills Police, along with Camela’s friend Cecilia Foss, confirmed that the songwriter was found safe and alive on Friday, October 6.

Camela collaborated with Katy Perry for her 'Walking on Air'. Per Deadline, the song from Perry's album 'Prism' debuted at number 34 on the Billboard Hot 100.

Foss, a Norwegian-born actor and model, wrote in her Instagram Story, “I wanted to let you all know that my friend Camela who has been missing for the past three months was found yesterday.”

Foss continued, “Her family has asked for privacy and I can’t share any of the details, but she is safe now.”

The friend of Camela further added, “Thank you to everyone who helped look for her and shared her story, and to the Beverly Hills Police Department for doing an incredible job finding her.”

When was Camela Leierth-Segura reported missing?

Per Deadline, the musician was last seen on June 29, as mentioned in the missing person’s report at the office of California Attorney General Rob Bonita. Almost seven weeks after she was last heard, her friends filed a missing person's report on August 8, per The Independent.

Camela’s other friend Liz Montgomery asked for a welfare check after the songwriter’s sister from Sweden could not contact her. When police went for the welfare check, Camela’s former landlord informed them that she had been evicted from the house earlier.

Montgomery shared with The Los Angeles Times, “She had mentioned it to all of us that she was having trouble; Covid definitely was not helpful for her because she's a musician, model, actress, all that stuff.”

She further indicated that Camela was facing dire financial conditions, adding, “And there was no money coming in.”

She recalled the Swedish-born model’s sister’s message when she was found missing: “When I woke up in the morning there was already a message saying 'Hey, have you talked to Camela?'”

At the time, Foss told The Independent, “My worst fear is that someone has her, and is hurting her.”

Other friends and neighbors also confirmed at the time that she was struggling.

Camela Leierth-Segura's friend posted a plea

Per Deadline, Montgomery also posted a plea in the middle of August urging people to find Camela in a now-deleted Instagram post.

She wrote, “We are desperately seeking information on the whereabouts of our dear friend, and sister, Camela Leierth, who may also be using the name Camela Leierth Segura. Camela has been missing since June 29th, and her last known contact was in Beverly Hills, California.”

The friend continued, “We are extremely worried about her safety, and despite our best efforts, the local authorities have not been able to locate her,” before asking for help to find her.

Tags news