Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

xQc criticizes Twitch's new policy: 'Definitely not going to go to Twitch anymore’

2023-06-11 13:52
xQc slammed the new policy on Twitch after the streaming platform introduced a new guideline that content creators do not agree with
xQc criticizes Twitch's new policy: 'Definitely not going to go to Twitch anymore’

AUSTIN, TEXAS: Twitch initially permitted streamers to simulcast to other platforms via mobile devices but has lately prohibited this practice for all content creators, including non-affiliated streamers. Recently, xQc and other streamers criticized the new policy.

In response to Ninja's statement that he will begin streaming on Kick, YouTube, and other alternative channels, xQc analyzed the economics of the policy and what it could imply for the content creator industry's future.

'Definitely not going to go to Twitch anymore'

After Ninja officially announced that he will be streaming on Kick and YouTube rather than Twitch, xQc said, “Ok, so this is a very simple economic concept that applies here. What Twitch is saying is ‘Stream only on Twitch because you want to stream on the place that’s most relevant that you can grow the most on’ and people will always mostly choose Twitch."

He went on saying, "And as the changes go, people will multicast and say ‘f**k Twitch, I’m going to do YouTube, Kick, TikTok, Rumble, all the other ones’ and that will create a relevant switch."

“At one point people will go ‘OK, I’m going to go to the most relevant one, I’m definitely not going to go to Twitch anymore’ when that starts shifting. That’s just how that works, unfortunately,” he added.

'Twitch is saying ‘f**k y’all'

xQc also predicted that the ban on simulcasting will force Twitch to rely largely on its reputation, which might backfire if the streaming industry continues to lose faith in them.

"So at this stage, Twitch is saying ‘f**k y’all, use the best one which is us’, but as they do that they force you to choose, and that will dwindle down slowly until it completely flips, and when that flips, it’s impossible to go back. Once it flips, it’s GG," the streamer said.