Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Welcome to Plathville' Season 5: Sisters-in-law and former BFFs Moriah and Olivia Plath close to cutting ties

2023-09-06 07:47
As she describes the breakup of their friendship, Moriah talks to her parents about her ex-best friend Olivia, who is seen holding her brother Ethan
'Welcome to Plathville' Season 5: Sisters-in-law and former BFFs Moriah and Olivia Plath close to cutting ties

CAIRO, GEORGIA: What is the stunning reason why 'Welcome to Plathville' star Moriah Plath is no longer in association with her sister-in-law, Olivia Plath? As seen on TLC, the two have had many ups and downs. And now it appears that things have taken a turn for the worse.

Until today, viewers had no idea what had transpired between the two of them. TLC, however, released another teaser and revealed more of the tale ahead of the Season 5 takeoff. So, what exactly is going on?

With the new season beginning in less than a week, TLC is releasing teasers and teasing fans about what's to come. Kim Plath discusses her new romance, while Barry Plath discovers a new passion for working out.

As predicted, the season will be harsh since the family is divided. The struggle between Moriah and Olivia is a crucial plot point. The sisters-in-law were formerly quite close and got along great. But that has all changed, and fans are finally learning why.

People exclusively released a new 'Welcome to Plathville' Season 5 trailer on August 31. Moriah ultimately revealed more information about her friendship with Olivia in it. Moriah and Micah Plath sit down with their separated parents, Kim and Barry, on the tape to examine their relationship with Ethan Plath and Olivia.

Olivia dislikes the way the Plath children were raised, according to the four of them. Olivia, according to Barry, has "brainwashed" Ethan into siding with her rather than his parents.

Moriah then acknowledges in a confessional that her friendship with Olivia isn't improving. "Olivia has said a bunch of things about my parents for years, and it’s only gotten worse," she stated. "It’s gotten to the point where lies are being told. And I personally want to do my part in making things right."

Moriah also recounts the situation with the credit card in the video. Olivia earlier said that Kim took a large sum of money from Ethan by using his credit card. Moriah, on the other hand, believes Olivia was creating "a made-up story to validate her big emotions."

Moriah is now fed up with Olivia's "lies."

What happened between Moriah Plath and Olivia Plath?

Olivia and her sister-in-law Moriah, who feature in 'Welcome to Plathville,' used to be the closest friends. That was before their epic feud, which viewers witnessed during Season 4 of the iconic TLC reality show. The two were very inseparable at the time and did almost everything together. However, the two have been estranged since their disagreement.

Moriah was working hard towards the end of the previous season to reconcile with her family members. The majority of the Plath siblings had opted to move on from their parents' divorce, which had shocked and disappointed them. Instead, they desired to forgive each of their parents, particularly their mother, Kim, who was the driving force behind the divorce.

Moriah and her siblings were only looking for calm. However, one individual stood in the way. Olivia, Ethan's wife. She alleges that Kim has traumatized her and that she is unable to move on. So Olivia causes incident after incident among the family, until Moriah has had enough. Their romance dissolved when the season concluded. Moriah left the house she shared with Ethan and Olivia, and the friendship seemed to die with her.

Are Olivia Plath and Ethan Plath still together?

Olivia cleared the air after rumors that she and her husband, Ethan, had split up. In June, the 25-year-old reality star reacted to a Realiteasquad Instagram post titled "Olivia's sister confirms divorce and season 5" of the TLC show.

"A friend informed me of this post so I just wanted to take a second and clarify," she said in the comments section. "Sophia is my younger sister, but her and I have a very distant/strained relationship due to our worldviews and reactions to the ultra-religious world we were raised in."

“Subsequently, she actually isn’t a reliable source when it comes to my personal information as she doesn’t know about my personal life,” she continued. “There is a lot of speculation going around, but if Ethan and I had something to share, we would. Thanks!”

The post featured screenshots of Sophia's comments, which claimed the couple was "in the middle of a divorce" and that the fifth season of their reality show would be "out very soon."

Why did Moriah Plath get kicked out of Plathville?

'Welcome to Plathville' season 2 premiere revealed exactly how split the Plaths had gotten. Micah stated that he fled the family home because he disagreed with his parents' values.

"Very recently, me and my parents basically came to a mutual agreement for me to move out," Micah informed the cameras. Moriah, his younger sister, had relocated with him, he stated.

Moriah, on the other hand, informed the cameras that she was "starving for freedom" from her parents' constraints, so she was pleased to leave the family home.

"They tried to control literally everything," she explained. "What we ate, what we wore. Jeans, or any type of tank top, was out of the question. … I’m sure my parents meant well by raising us the way that they did, but I just felt like an outsider in the real world."

Micah and Moriah were subsequently ordered to leave the residence, according to Kim. "We talked it over with Micah and Moriah and agreed that if they couldn’t live with our rules, then they needed to move out," she explained.

'Welcome to Plathville' Season 5 premieres on September 5, 2023, at 10 pm EST on TLC