Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Omid Scobie may have slammed William and Kate, but it was his comments on another Royal that really got fans fuming

2023-11-26 15:26
Omid Scobie, a former cheerleader for Meghan Markle, attacks the Royal family members in his new book 'Endgame'
Omid Scobie may have slammed William and Kate, but it was his comments on another Royal that really got fans fuming

LONDON, ENGLAND: In his new book 'Endgame', which is about the Royal Family, journalist Omid Scobie allegedly calls Prince William "hot-headed" and claims that the Princess of Wales and the Duchess of Sussex have not communicated since 2019.

However, it was Scobie's comments on another Royal Family member, Princess Anne, that got the Internet users fuming and lambasting the Royal author.

It has been alleged that Princess Anne had a key role in forcing Meghan Markle and Prince Harry out of Frogmore Cottage earlier this year.

On Friday, November 24, the allegations surfaced in Paris Match as a promotional tool for Omid Scobie's second royal book, 'Endgame: Inside the Royal Family and the Monarchy's Fight for Survival'.

Omid Scobie allegations against Princess Anne

Prior to the book's release on November 28, an intricate collection of excerpts from the book was presented in a Paris Match piece.

The excerpts contain Scobie's own views regarding the current status of the Royal Family and what appears to be the magazine's journalist's interpretation.

According to Paris Match, Scobie claims that it was Princess Anne, Harry's aunt, who convinced King Charles to deny the Sussexes access to Frogmore Cottage.

The Princess Royal, 73, was "at the forefront of the supporters of the firm approach" adopted by Buckingham Palace to evict the royal couple from the palace, per 'Endgame', obtained by Page Six ahead of its publication next week.

The incendiary book claims that Sir Michael John Stevens, the Keeper of the Privy Purse, served the Duke and Duchess of Sussex with an eviction notice.

Harry, 39, and Meghan, 42, relocated to Montecito, California in 2020, and they used Frogmore as their UK address whenever they traveled back to the country.

The Sussexes were told to leave Frogmore in what their cheerleader Scobie at the time called a "cruel punishment," despite having spent £2.4 million ($3M) renovating the mansion and being adamant on keeping it as a UK headquarters.

According to the French magazine Paris Match, the author asserts that King Charles was persuaded to start 'Frogxit' by Harry's aunt, Anne, in order to take a "strict" stance against the rebellious couple.

Soon after, the Invictus Games founder allegedly called his father, King Charles, in a rage and asked, "You don’t want to see your grandchildren anymore?"

Harry and Meghan are parents to son Archie, 4, and Lilibet, 2.

Despite his reluctance to leave the Royal Lodge, Harry's discredited uncle Prince Andrew was projected to take over Frogmore.

Furthermore, Scobie sarcastically asserts in a column published in Paris Match that Kate spent more time "talking about" her sister-in-law Meghan than she ever really spent with her, per Daily Mail.

Internet slams Omid Scobie's book, calls Princess Anne 'legend'

Following the release of excerpts from 'Endgame', Internet users flocked to X (formerly Twitter) to show their support for the Princess Royal and lambast the Royal author.

One user wrote, "I don't like Omid Scobie but if that's true, I love Princess Anne even more! "Harry & Meghan's Frogmore eviction was encouraged by Princess Anne, according to the new book. The Princess Royal is said to have convinced her brother, King Charles, to kick them out of the estate.""

Another X user echoed a similar sentiment and commented, "Love The Princess Royal!"

"What a legend!!" exclaimed a third.

Another bravoed the Princess Royal and wrote, "And that is why she is my favourite, they say TW is scared of her, Anne is like her father, down to earth and takes no nonsense, this dosen't surprise me, she said Meghan wouldn't last long, and by god she was right, well done Anne."

"If this is true, my respect for this formidable woman just increased 100 folds. She truly is an unshakable defender of the crown," chimed in another supporter.

Someone else exclaimed, "Princess Ann is my hero!!! Thanks, Ma'am!!! We love you even more!!!" followed by heart emoticons.

"Good for Princess Anne. Absolutely love her. She is so loyal to her brother & family," added another.

"I’m not a fan of the royals, but have huge respect for Anne. She is a no-nonsense kind of woman, and has always been dutiful and hardworking," claimed a user.

Tags news