Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Monica' star Patricia Clarkson opens up on why she will never marry

2023-05-23 18:49
Patricia Clarkson said she loves dating and said she 'had beautiful, extraordinary men in my life'
'Monica' star Patricia Clarkson opens up on why she will never marry

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Patricia Clarkson is known for her stellar acting skills. The 63-year-old actress has delivered a number of performances that people will remember for ages. She has deftly played the roles of a wife and a mother with great conviction despite having no personal experience in that field.

One such impressive character she played was in 2014's independent movie, ‘Last Weekend'. Clarkson portrayed Celia Green, an overprotective mother. Discussing her role in an interview with Salon, she said, “All the mothers I play are different. They come from different backgrounds and have different emotional lives, husbands, and children. With Celia, I had to keep her sharp and focused and not compromise on making her foolish.”

RELATED NEWS

Patricia Clarkson spills the beans on nude scene with Justin Timberlake: "He's gifted below the waist!"

HBO's 'Sharp Objects' star Patricia Clarkson reveals that playing the one-of-a-kind mother Adora was "grueling"

‘That’s why I never married or had kids’

The ‘Monica’ star shed light on her own nature as she noted, “I can be controlling, but I’m much more impulsive. That’s why I never married or had kids. I’d jump in the water in my clothes [as Celia does], but not out of an airplane. I’m just fine flying in one.”

Another gritty role she played with panache was that of Adora in 'Sharp Objects'. She told Page Six in 2018, "I’ve done dark characters before, but my character, Adora, the mother of all mothers, is powerful dramatic stuff. Growing up wholesome, I never knew her type. She’s one of a kind, and some of it was grueling because of the nature of the material. Adora had so many issues. We’re talking about a damaged woman. Fragility."

Not just that, Clarkson’s portrayal as a mother and a wife in 'Pieces of April' helped her bag a nomination for an Academy Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role in 2004. However, she once told The New Yorker, “I was the single girl in a sea of marriage floating on a bamboo raft. People say, ‘You’ve never been married!’ I say, ‘No, I’ve never been divorced, darling.’”

‘I was born without that gene’

The actress, while speaking about a comedy TV series she was part of, said, “‘State of the Union’ is about the sacrifices you make to be married, to have children. I knew at fourteen that I would not be good at it.”

However, the ‘Learning to Drive’ actress admitted that she was not in love with her single status. She told The Guardian, “Don't get me wrong, I hate being single. I've had beautiful, extraordinary men in my life and I wouldn't change any of that. But I've never wanted to marry, I've never wanted children – I was born without that gene.”

“I date. Not as much as I should, to be honest. I love being in love – I'm a moth to a flame. It is, I think, the reason we're here,” she said in 2013. As per reports, there is not much known about Clarkson’s dating history except that she was in a years-long relationship with actor Campbell Scott. However, Clarkson once shockingly revealed, as per Us Weekly, “I’ve never wed, and I’ve never had a child so, hey! I was engaged once but whatever.”

Tags news