Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who is Lucy Claire? Illustrator's soul-wrenching Matthew Perry 'the one where we lost a friend' tribute goes viral

2023-10-29 21:29
Illustrator Lucy Claire paid a heartfelt tribute to Matthew Perry with a picture of Chandler walking toward the eternity
Who is Lucy Claire? Illustrator's soul-wrenching Matthew Perry 'the one where we lost a friend' tribute goes viral

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: The news of Matthew Perry’s death in his Los Angeles home on Saturday, October 28, came as a shock to fans of the ‘FRIENDS’ actor.

A multitude of stars and artists have paid tribute to the actor, who was best known for his charismatic portrayal of Chandler Bing in the NBC sitcom. Among these, illustrator Lucy Claire’s heartfelt tribute has teared up Perry's fans.

Claire captured the emotions of the grieving fans when she drew an impression of Chandler with the caption, “The one where we lost a friend.”

With both of his hands in his pocket, Chandler can be seen walking toward the eternity accompanied by a duck and a small chick. The white background increases the poignancy of the illustration.

Claire dedicated the illustration to the ‘17 Again’ star and wrote, “For Matthew Perry,” before adding, “I truly have no words. Sending love to his family, friends, everyone around the world. Thank you for the laughter x.”

More on Lucy Claire

Lucy Claire is a UK-based artist from Abingdon, Oxfordshire. On her Facebook, the talented artist described herself as a "bespoke illustrator helping you treasure memories."

Her painting catalog includes recognition of pop culture events including Taylor Swift's 'The Eras Tour' concert to uplifting quotes of Walt Disney.

Claire also specializes in personalized items.

Perry's fans hail Lucy Claire's heart-touching illustration

Lucy Claire's simple yet impactful post resonated with the entire 'FRIENDS' fandom's emotions. The teared-up fans took to social media to let their appreciation known.

One of the fans praised the drawing, "Such a beautiful illustration on such a sad day."

The second added, "This just made me cry….it’s so sad . Rest in eternal peace."

"Not gonna lie, this made me tear up 😥😥😢😢😭😭😭😭," said someone else.

Another fan commented on her Instagram, "I just woke up to this news, I’m so sad. Thank-you for this beautiful tribute. You always just get “it”. Thinking of Matthew, his family & his friends. The Friends fans are heartbroken this morning. 💜💛."

Someone else noted, "Such sad news and you captured it so lovely and meaningful in this .xxx."

"So devastating, beautiful sketch and tribute to the one and only Chandler Bing ❤️" said another mesmerized fan who is grieving the loss of the charismatic actor.

Tags news