Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Diane Keaton gives haters the boot, embraces aging with style and serenity in a quiet farmhouse

2023-05-12 20:19
Diane Keaton once said, 'I don’t remember anyone calling me, going, ‘This is so-and-so. I’d like to take you out.’ That doesn’t happen'
Diane Keaton gives haters the boot, embraces aging with style and serenity in a quiet farmhouse

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Academy Award-winning actress Diane Keaton has graced the screen for years while winning people’s hearts with movies, like ‘The Godfather: Part II,’ ‘Manhattan,’ ‘Looking for Mr. Goodbar,’ ‘Father of the Bride,’ and ‘Annie Hall’. She has also delivered some great work with prominent filmmakers, like Woody Allen.

Along with her legendary career profile, Keaton’s dating life had also been glorious. In the past, the 77-year-old star had been linked with Al Pacino, Allen, and Warren Beatty. She even once candidly spoke about Beatty and told Variety, “The first time I saw Warren was in ‘Splendor in the Grass’ [in 1961.] I mean, come on! He was, I mean, to die for. A Dream. I mean, ‘Bonnie and Clyde?’ Come on.”

ALSO READ

Diane Keaton reveals why she has no plans to date again, says it is 'highly unlikely'

Diane Keaton poses with her children for RARE photo at hand and footprint ceremony

‘I don’t date’

The ‘Book Club’ actress also stated, “And not only was he beautiful, gorgeous and sexy and captivating and mysterious and a great movie star but he was also an unbelievable producer and director, or is rather, is also an unbelievable director and producer. All of this is just so unique.”

Keaton’s name once got associated with Keanu Reeves too. She reportedly told Oprah Winfrey, “I'm going to marry him. He likes an older woman.” But it seems their apparent romance did not go long. Also, more recently in March of this year, the Golden Globe Awards-winning star revealed to AARP as per the Independent, “I don’t date. Highly unlikely. I don’t remember anyone calling me, going, ‘This is so-and-so. I’d like to take you out.’ They don’t happen. Of course not.”

‘I feel like she chose family over her dreams’

During the same interview, Keaton also explained why she never married. She noted, “It goes back to my mother, because, for me, most everything does. I love my dad, of course – that goes without saying – but she was always there, and he was always working. He was working hard, and he was really interesting. And he loved her, too. She had four kids, and I was the firstborn. I saw how much she gave up.”

“I feel like she chose family over her dreams. And she was just the best mother, but I think that she is the reason why I didn’t get married. I didn’t want to give up my independence. By the way, no one has ever asked me to marry them, either, so that might be a good answer. I should’ve started with that and called it a day,” the ‘Maybe I Do’ actress shared.

‘Perfect head of atural-looking, silky smooth gray hair’

But despite all fame, talent, and money, Keaton also gets not-so-nice comments sometimes. When she went to the Golden Globes in 2014, some people posted rude tweets about her, like “Wow. Diane Keaton got fat. #GoldenGlobes,” and “Well, Diane Keaton isn't nice. She['s] ugly inside and out!” However, she shined through all hate and became the topic of discussion because of her gray hair.

Her elegant aging look even gave birth to a blog post, which said, “Steal Diane Keaton's Gorgeous Grays.” The article went on to mention, “If there’s one Golden Globes appearance we can’t stop talking about, it’s Diane Keaton. It's not just her offbeat acceptance speech on behalf of Woody Allen or even her perfectly tailored suit...it's that perfect head of natural-looking, silky smooth gray hair she so nonchalantly debuted on Sunday night.”

‘It's rule number one in parenting’

Meanwhile, Keaton is also a proud mother of two children, a daughter and a son, whom she adopted in her 50s. “I didn't think that I was ever going to be prepared to be a mother. Motherhood was not an urge I couldn't resist, it was more like a thought I'd been thinking for a very long time. So I plunged in,” she said as per People. She had also once added, “The shocking thing is that I worry differently now. Before kids, if I worried, it was only about myself, but that's all you do is worry as a parent. It's rule number one in parenting: secretly worry without letting the kids know you're worried.”

Keaton now reportedly lives a peaceful life in her farmhouse, which was built around three and a half years of time. She mentioned her dreamhouse in her book, ‘The House that Pinterest Built’ and wrote, “With Pinterest as my muse, the fantasy of a dream home took off. Pinterest is a place where wordless juxtapositions are the perfect format for collecting and editing those dreams.”