Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Match Me Abroad' on TLC: Susan dashes from date with Miguel after setting incredibly high standards

2023-05-22 08:19
Susan ditches her date with Miguel, leaving behind a trail of criteria she shared with matchmaker Juan Nino on TLC's 'Match Me Abroad'
'Match Me Abroad' on TLC: Susan dashes from date with Miguel after setting incredibly high standards

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: Get ready for a thrilling ride with TLC's sensational new show, 'Match Me Abroad'. Susan Boasi, a feisty and adventurous woman, has had enough of the exhausting dating scene in the United States. With frustration etched on her face, she boldly declares, "dating in the United States, that s**t makes me tired." Eager to find love beyond borders, Susan embarks on an extraordinary journey that promises excitement and romance. In the captivating second episode, we join Susan as she nervously prepares for a date with Miguel, a charming Colombian man.

It is the moment of truth, as Juan Manuel Nino, her meticulous matchmaker, crosses his fingers, hoping to witness sparks flying between the two. However, before the magic can unfold, Susan surprises everyone by deciding to hit the brakes. Despite sharing an extensive list of criteria for her potential suitors, Susan realizes that she isn't quite ready to dive into this new connection. With a mix of anticipation and uncertainty, we're left wondering what the future holds for Susan as she takes an unexpected exit, leaving us on the edge of our seats, eagerly awaiting the next chapter of her thrilling quest for love abroad.

RELATED ARTICLES

Is Susan Boasi still single? TLC's 'Match Me Abroad' star says dating in the US is 'tiring'

'Match Me Abroad' on TLC: Meet the singles and the matchmakers helping them find true love

Susan shares long criteria list with Juan Manuel Nino

Susan, a woman on a mission to find her perfect match, had a laundry list of requirements that she eagerly shared with Juan, her trusty matchmaker. She wanted someone who was not just good-looking, but also caring, understanding, and attentive—a true listener. Susan preferred her potential partner to be a person of faith, with a good sense of humor and an irresistible charm. Moreover, she sought someone who loved exploring new things and was open to change—someone who could adapt easily. However, there was one condition that stood out from the rest. Susan made it crystal clear that she had no interest in emotional vampires, and they were strictly forbidden from applying.

This unique set of criteria left Juan in awe. It was the first time he had come across such a peculiar and specific list. But being the dedicated matchmaker that he was, Juan knew he had to rise to the challenge. With determination in his eyes, he set out to find that special someone who would not only meet Susan's requirements but also make her heart skip a beat. Little did Juan know that this unusual journey would lead to unexpected twists and turns, unraveling a story filled with surprises and the possibility of finding true love against all odds. Juan first matched Susan with a Colombian native Miguel.

Susan runs away from her date with her first match Miguel

In a twist of fate, Susan finds herself desperately seeking an exit strategy after her date with Miguel takes an unfortunate turn. Hopes for a delightful evening quickly crumble as Miguel's true colors emerge, leaving Susan feeling utterly disappointed. "Miguel is so arrogant and he is boring and never once asks me about me," Susan vents in a confessional, her frustration palpable. Determined to escape this dreary encounter, Susan realizes she must act swiftly. However, her plans to make a quick getaway hit a roadblock when Miguel, oblivious to Susan's growing disinterest, decides to prolong the evening by ordering an elaborate meal. "Like I didn't really even want food," Susan shares in another confessional, her disappointment evident.

She had hoped for a light and casual dinner, perhaps some ceviche, but instead, Miguel surprises her by ordering a hefty New York strip steak. Susan can't help but wonder, "Why would you do that?" as she realizes her chances of escaping swiftly are dwindling. As Susan finds herself trapped in the situation, she seeks solace in the bathroom of the restaurant. Sharing her thoughts candidly, she confesses, "appetizers are fine because you can get out, you snacky snack and leave," before letting out a laugh, realizing she is now "stuck" with a steak dinner. Despite Miguel's well-groomed appearance, he fails to establish any emotional connection with Susan, leaving her feeling unfulfilled and longing for something more meaningful in her quest for love.

New episodes of 'Match Me Abroad' premiere on TLC every Sunday at 10 pm ET.