Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

How did Mike Mora die? Bill Murray's GF Kelis shared 2 children with ex-husband before his tragic death at 37

2023-06-09 16:58
The devastating news came of Mora's illness came shortly after Kelis gave birth to their second child, Galilee
How did Mike Mora die? Bill Murray's GF Kelis shared 2 children with ex-husband before his tragic death at 37

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Kelis, a multi-talented artist known for her captivating music and culinary skills, has had her fair share of romantic ups and downs. Currently, she finds herself in the spotlight as rumors circulate about her relationship with the legendary actor Bill Murray, who surpasses her age by threefold.

At the age of 43, the beloved 'Milkshake' singer seeks solace in the presence of the iconic 'Ghostbusters' star, aged 72. However, this chapter in Kelis's life follows the heartbreaking loss of her husband, Mike Mora, last year at the tender age of just 37. Despite having been married twice in her life, it was her relationship with Mora that captured her heart, the father of her two children.

How did Mike Mora die?

Kelis experienced a profound loss with the untimely death of her ex-husband, Mora, after a courageous battle with stage four stomach cancer at the age of 37. The beloved songstress turned chef and the photographer and real estate agent had been married since 2014 and were parents to two children, Shepherd (6) and a 1-year-old daughter named Galilee. Kelis also has a 12-year-old son named Knight from her previous marriage to rapper Nas.

The devastating news came of Mora's illness came shortly after Kelis gave birth to their second child, Galilee. Mora had been experiencing severe pain in his stomach and back, prompting him to seek medical attention. It was then that he received the diagnosis of stage 4 stomach cancer with the cancerous cells starting to spread to the lymph nodes in his back. Stomach cancer, also known as gastric cancer, occurs when the “cells in the stomach start to grow out of control,” according to the American Cancer Society.

Kelis, now 43, recently marked the one-year anniversary of Mora's death from cancer in a series of Instagram videos. She reflected on how his battle had impacted her and her journey toward wellness. "It’s been exactly a year… that’s crazy to me," the 'Bossy' singer captioned her post on Instagram. "I’m a very private person generally, especially when there is family involved. But there is no denying the impact and evolution my husbands passing has had on my life."

"I get asked all the time how I started this journey . It’s a much longer conversation but in short what we were dealing with here pushed me so deep into understanding our bodies and how our minds and emotions are so interlocked you can not treat one with out the other. Our thoughts and intentions are as powerful and key as our skin health and fitness . I want to live well and this is me sharing what I know to be true," she concluded.

Months before Mora's death, the real estate agent opened up about his devasting journey on Instagram. “So the morning of my last UCLA hospital stay, doctors came in my room and gave me the most horrifying, unexpected news” he captioned the heartbreaking post. “They said they couldn’t do anything else for me. I had to search on my for some sort of solution.. Scary days." Mora passed away on March 14, 2022, with Kelis' rep releasing a statement that read, "After a tough two-year battle with cancer, we are devastated to have to confirm the loss of our beloved brother Mike. An amazing Father, husband, and friend who gave so genuinely and cared so deeply for his family and friends."

Tags news epcelebs