Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

IShowSpeed's father apologizes to YouTuber over controversial 'IShowMeat' remark: 'They're clipping out the wrong part'

2023-08-26 14:20
During a recent live stream, IShowSpeed called his father, Darren Watkins, after watching the latter's viral video of the 'IShowMeat' song
IShowSpeed's father apologizes to YouTuber over controversial 'IShowMeat' remark: 'They're clipping out the wrong part'

CINCINNATI, OHIO: During a recent live stream, IShowSpeed's father, Darren Watkins, extended an apology for the controversial "IShowMeat" remark as he provided further context regarding his TikTok video.

Speed was the one to initiate the call with his father after viewing a video in connection with the trending TikTok hashtag #IShowMeat, which emerged after the YouTuber accidentally flashed during one of his gaming broadcasts.

IShowSpeed's father clarifies his stance on singing the 'IShowMeat' song

In one of the YouTuber's recent streams, viewers witnessed a rather unusual moment as Speed watched his father sing the "IShowMeat" song in complete silence and disbelief. Without delay, he proceeded to call his father as the streamer wasn't convinced that the video could have been real.

"Like f**ing deada**, Is this real is this f**king real, it just doesn't make sense to me," said Speed while making the call and swiftly confronting his father about the situation.

Watkins apologized stating, "I’m sorry, man," and promptly explained that he wasn't actually calling Speed "IShowMeat" but rather poking fun at himself.

"I didn’t mean it, dude. I didn’t mean it like that. You know, bro, they kept saying it on my Live. So I was like, ‘I Show,’ you know… I didn’t mean it like that. You know how I am, son," stated the father, adding, "I didn’t call you that, I was calling myself that!"

In response, Speed mentioned that he had thoroughly reviewed the stream, prompting Watkins to clarify that he was trying to deflect some of the attention directed at his son.

His father expressed, "If you go through the stream, you’ll see that I was calling myself that. I wasn’t calling you that. I was calling myself the originator! They’re just clipping out the wrong part ... I was trying to take the heat off you. You’re my man!"

IShowSpeed's fans show support for his father

After watching the video on YouTube, fans flocked to the comment section to share their perspectives.

A fan said, "his dad is extremely wholesome 😊❤," with one pointing out, "Speed needs to accept that it happened, “ishowmeat” that word, it’s not gonna stop happening 💀💀"

"Speed's dad is a W," remarked another, while a fan quipped, "Bruh his dad act like his long lost brother had me weak🤣🤣."

Another fan expressed, "Speed's dad probably don't even know the situation he was just saying what his chat was spamming and he went along with it, Speed doesn't even listen to his dad and is completely ignoring everything he saying, his dad even apologized too and speed was not accepting it."