Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Is Deborah Roberts OK? 'GMA' anchor injures herself during workout after husband Al Roker's knee replacement

2023-06-12 10:28
'GMA' anchor Deborah Roberts admitted that she has fallen off the wellness wagon in the past, but was determined to get back
Is Deborah Roberts OK? 'GMA' anchor injures herself during workout after husband Al Roker's knee replacement

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: 'Good Morning America' anchor Deborah Roberts has recently suffered from an injury scare on her latest run through New York City. The 62-year-old dedicatedly takes time out of her schedule to focus on her fitness and is often seen posting her workout updates on social media. In one of her recent posts, Deborah scared her followers when she mentioned a pulled muscle while running.

Deborah struggled to complete her run as she looked out of breath at times. This unfortunate and frightening incident comes after her husband and GMA’s anchor, Al Roker’s second knee replacement surgery. Despite the challenges, Deborah managed to complete her run and posted a smiling snap with Al and her son.

‘Trying to get going again’

The 62-year-old anchor explained the reason for her sudden injury while out on her run. Deborah’s T-shirt was completely drenched in sweat and she slowly found it difficult to breathe as well. Deborah was out with her running partner, Nick, and decided to slow down and walk, disclosing that it had become uncomfortable for her to run. "I thought Nick and I were running together, [and so] I tried to catch him. All of a sudden, the area behind my right knee buckled... I don't know what that tendon is...but that's not good.”

She further added that she was going to walk the rest of the distance and would pick up pace in a while. However, Deborah’s following stories revealed a photo of her running with the caption, "Trying to get going again...” She later added a video in her stories telling her followers that she persevered and was able to finish her run, signaling that muscle injury was nothing more than a scare.

Deborah Roberts never backs down

Deborah is a devoted fitness person. However, there have been times when the GMA anchor has fallen off the fitness wagon but eventually dusted it off and returned with a bang. A few months ago in March 2023, Deborah posted a series of videos and photos on her Instagram Stories to give her followers an inspiring speech about determination. She said, “Good morning! How are you? So, I don't know about you but I have been falling off the wagon a lot lately. Cold weather, rainy weather, just don't feel like it. It's so easy to just say, 'Not today.' But, each journey starts with one step, right? So, one step. Let's go get it done.” Deborah also shared some intense workout videos with her followers revealing her likeness and seriousness for her fitness regime.

Tags news