Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

How tall is Chris Hemsworth? Actor lied about his height to get roles

2023-08-26 16:15
'I’d only get cast or auditioned for the football player or something,' the 40-year-old Australian star said, referring to his height
How tall is Chris Hemsworth? Actor lied about his height to get roles

Full NameChristopher Hemsworth AM
Date of Birth11 August 1983
Age40
Place of BirthMelbourne, Australia
Height6 ft 3 in (1.9 m)
Weight195 pounds (88 kg)
Net Worth$130 Million
WifeElsa Pataky
Children3
SiblingsLiam Hemsworth, Luke Hemsworth

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Chris Hemsworth’s height is said to be 6 ft 3 in (1.9 m or 190.50 cm). No wonder the Australian star was picked to play Thor, the God of Thunder, who towers over us lowly mortals.

The ‘Extraction’ actor is known for his acclaimed work in numerous movies, in addition to his MCU role, which has not just won hearts but also awards. In 2020, he received the People's Choice Award for Favorite Action Movie Star.

Two years back, in 2018, he won the Teen Choice Award for Movie Actor: Sci-Fi, as per IMDb.

However, getting roles in films has reportedly been not an easy task for Hemsworth. Chris Hemsworth’s height apparently created issues for him when he was trying to make his mark in Hollywood.

Chris Hemsworth lied about his height to be cast in 2012 film 'Red Dawn'

During an interview with Radio Times, he reportedly said, “There are certainly things I’ve wanted to go up for which I’ve been totally wrong for, physically. And I normally lie about my height [6ft 3in] and say I’m shorter.”

While auditioning for the 2012 movie 'Red Dawn', he told the casting director he was only 5 foot 11 inches (1.8 m), as per Fandomwire.

Unfortunately, he was cast opposite Josh Hutcherson, who is only 5 foot 5 inches (1.65 m). Since Chris Hemsworth's real height was 6 ft 3 in (1.9 m), the height difference between him and Josh Hutcherson was too hard to ignore.

“But it can go two ways. The brief for the audition for Thor said: Must be over 6ft 1in, which I’d never seen before!” Hemsworth noted, crediting his height for bagging the role in 'Thor' that ultimately catapulted him into the league of A-list actors.

Also, in 2017, the ‘Men in Black: International’ star told W Magazine, “I remembered reading the breakdown for Thor and it said, ‘Must be over 6’3″ and 200 pounds,’ and so on.”

He continued, “I thought, ‘Oh cool. This is the one thing that sort of fits me,’” before mentioning, “Most of the time, I’d have to lie about my height and say I was a little shorter and so on.”

“I’d only get cast or auditioned for the football player or something. So I thought, ‘Great. This is up my alley,’” Hemsworth added.

During the same interview, Hemsworth also revealed while re-shooting ‘Thor’, Natalie Portman was not available so they replaced her with his wife Elsa Pataky for a kissing scene.

He recalled, “She’s the same height [of Natalie Portman] and I won’t have to explain to her what I’ve been doing at work from having to kiss someone else.

“So she came in and that’s the final kiss in that movie is between my wife and I.”

What is Elsa Pataky’s height?

The difference between Chris Hemsworth’s height and Elsa Pataky’s height is about a foot. The 47-year-old Spanish model reportedly stands at 5 Feet 4 Inches (1.61 m/ 161 cm).

How heavy is Chris Hemsworth?

In 2013, Hemsworth reportedly shared that his weight was 195 pounds (88 kg). He said, “I went from 215 pounds from a Thor weight down to about 195 to be able to fit in [for ‘Rush’ movie].

“But the character that I played is about the same height and physique and also had a hard time getting in,” Hemsworth stated.

How tall is Thor?

The Marvel Encyclopedia, first published in 2002, gives the fictional superhero and god Thor’s height as 6 ft 6 in (1.98 m/ 198.12 cm) and weight as 640 lbs (290 kg).

Hemsworth is 3 inches (7.6 cm) shorter than the 'ideal' measurements for Thor and even at his maximum weight while playing the character, he was 425 lbs (193 kg) lighter.

Who is Thor married to?

Chris Hemsworth’s superhit fictional character Thor has been married twice. His two wives are – Iarnsaxa and Sif – with whom he shares one daughter and three sons.