Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Why are Lauren Manzo and Vito Scalia divorcing? 'RHONJ' alum's husband calls it quits after 8 years of marriage

2023-10-24 09:48
'RHONJ' alum Lauren Manzo and her husband Vito Scalia have decided to separate after eight years of marriage citing 'irreconcilable differences'
Why are Lauren Manzo and Vito Scalia divorcing? 'RHONJ' alum's husband calls it quits after 8 years of marriage

WAYNE, NEW JERSEY: 'Real Housewives of New Jersey' alum Lauren Manzo's husband Vito Scalia has filed for divorce. After multiple rumors about their divorce, Lauren and Vito called it quits after eight years of marriage citing "irreconcilable differences".

Meanwhile, according to the court documents filed in New Jersey and obtained by The US Sun, Vito filed for divorce from Lauren on September 5, 2023. He revealed the reason for their divorce in the documents.

The document read, "The parties have experienced irreconcilable differences for a period of at least six months which has caused the breakdown of their marriage and it is apparent that the marriage should be dissolved as there is no reasonable prospect of reconciliation."

Lauren had been spotted without her wedding ring in photos and videos she shared on social media in the last few days. The reality star has also avoided addressing personal questions relating to her marriage.

Lauren was served the divorce documents on September 29, as reported by the outlet. Lauren's attorney informed the court that he would represent the reality star during the divorce procedure.

The document also stated that Lauren's attorney would help her with issues relating to the care, custody, and support of the parties' child, and "all financial related issues, including, without limitation, alimony, equitable distribution, and counsel fees."

Notably, it seems like Lauren and Vito had been facing trouble in their marriage for months as Vito filed the Marital Settlement Agreement on July 26, before filing for divorce.

Lauren Manzo and Vito Scalia continuously denied divorce rumors

Lauren Manzo and Vito Scalia's life had been in the public eye for years. However, Lauren later decided to keep her personal life private and quit reality television shows.

Meanwhile, fans noticed that Lauren had stopped sharing photos with Vito and speculated that they had parted ways. The couple, however, had continuously claimed that they were going strong.

In 2018, Vito debunked divorce rumors and said that they were "perfect" at the time. He wrote back to a fan on Facebook, "We just don’t put our relationship on social media and people can’t seem to understand that. We are perfect!"

Meanwhile, in July 2023, Lauren clapped back at another fan on Instagram after a fan questioned where Vito was. She said, "First of all, I truly give zero f**ks if you admire me or not."

Lauren added, "Secondly, I haven’t been on TV in 7 years. I am allowed to keep aspects of my life private especially after having a child. If you don’t like it, then stay away from my page. It’s very simple."

How did 'RHONJ' alum Lauren Manzo and Vito Scalia meet?

Lauren Manzo and Vito Scalia met through 'RHONJ' alum's brother Albie. They soon sparked a connection and started dating in 2009.

After just four years of dating, Vito went down on his knees and popped the question to Lauren in November 2013. They got married nearly two years later.

On July 18, 2015, Lauren and Vito exchanged vows at a church in New York City during a religious ceremony. The reality star was accompanied by her father Albert and mother Caroline Manzo, who walked down the aisle with Lauren's siblings, Albie and Chris Manzo.

The couple's reception was held at The Brownstone, the Manzo's banquet hall and catering facility in Paterson, New Jersey. Lauren and Vito's wedding was also a part of the 'Housewives' spinoff titled 'Manzo'd with Children'.

Do Lauren Manzo and Vito Scalia have children?

Lauren Manzo and Vito Scalia have a daughter named Marchesa "Markie" Scalia, who is now six years old. The couple welcomed their daughter in February 2017.

The Bravo star shared the first photo of her baby girl in which Lauren held her adorable sleeping baby girl in the hospital. She revealed the nickname of her daughter in the caption, "My Markie Girl 💗."

Tags news