Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'I don't like liabilities': Lala Kent reacts to Kim Zolciak and Kroy Biermann's 'devastating' split

2023-05-09 09:21
After learning about Kim and Kroy Biermann's split, Lala Kent says she wants 'no partner'
'I don't like liabilities': Lala Kent reacts to Kim Zolciak and Kroy Biermann's 'devastating' split

PALM SPRINGS, CALIFORNIA: Lala Kent is embracing singlehood after learning of Kim Zolciak-Biermann and Kroy Biermann's divorce. Kim is calling it quits on her marriage, asking for divorce from Kroy due to the couple's financial difficulties.

Kim and Kroy's marriage is said to have ended. According to TMZ, the Bravo actors divorced after nearly 12 years of marriage. According to court documents acquired by TMZ, the couple separated on April 30. In the declaration, the 'The Real Housewives of Atlanta' actress declared her marriage as "irretrievably broken with no hope of reconciliation." Kim is requesting primary physical custody and shared legal custody of their children, as well as spousal maintenance and the reinstatement of her maiden name.

RELATED ARTICLES

'They let anyone come now': Lala Kent trolled as she's invited to White House Correspondents Dinner

Kim Zolciak-Biermann: 'RHOA' star files for divorce from husband Kroy Biermann after 11 years of marriage

Kim and Kroy owe IRS more than $1M in unpaid taxes

Kim and Kroy married in their Georgia home in November 2011. The first season of 'Don't Be Tardy' chronicled their wedding preparations. The series ran for eight seasons from 2012 to 2020. 'Don't Be Tardy' grew into a look into Kim and Kroy's day-to-day existence with their close-knit family. They have four children together. In 2013, Kim also formally adopted Kroy's elder children. Kim's comeback to reality television has been envisaged as part of 'RHOA's 15th season since the show's conclusion.

Kim previously disputed accusations of marital strife with Kroy in 2016, when rumors of discord appeared after the now-retired NFL star was released by the Buffalo Bills. Kim even claimed to be "married to the king," referring to Kroy as "the most incredible human that's ever walked this planet."

Kim and Kroy have recently faced financial difficulties due to the foreclosure of their Georgia house. According to a notice distributed by Fulton County in February, Truist Bank would auction the property in front of the Fulton County Courthouse after the couple defaulted on a $1.65 million loan they obtained for the property in October 2012. Kim, on the other hand, previously refuted the foreclosure and sale rumors, stating, "If you guys think I would let my home that we've put millions and millions of dollars into go for $257,000, you're an idiot, okay? For real."

'No partner'

On May 8, shortly after the news of Kim and Kroy's divorce emerged, fellow Bravo star Lala turned to Instagram to voice her thoughts. She recalls the split news as "so devastating." She goes on to say how sad it is to see couples split up, especially with "kids being involved." On the other hand, Lala believes this adds further endorsement to her desire for "no partner." She claims it isn't happening since she can control herself but not other people.

She adds, "When you tell me there's an intimate partner, you guys get along, maybe you'll last forever, maybe they'll tell you everything all the time - That says to me liability. I don't like liabilities."

'Vanderpump Rules' star Lala and ex-fiance Randall Emmett split in October 2021, just after welcoming their first child, daughter Ocean. The separation has been fraught with infidelity rumors and public shaming, and the former couple has gone through a lot.