Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Joe Rogan and Jimmy Carr discuss biggest secrets of Vatican, Internet says 'Roman Empire never fell'

2023-11-22 18:22
During the 'JRE' podcast, Joe Rogan and Jimmy Carr took a deep dive into the workings of the Catholic Church and how it has changed over the years
Joe Rogan and Jimmy Carr discuss biggest secrets of Vatican, Internet says 'Roman Empire never fell'

AUSTIN, TEXAS: Joe Rogan, known for discussing various controversial topics, and British-Irish comedian Jimmy Carr discussed the biggest secrets of the Vatican during an episode of the 'JRE' podcast.

Notably, the 'JRE' recently claimed the title of being the number one podcast on Spotify due to its massive audience. In the course of his podcast, Rogan has invited celebs such as Elon Musk and Dwayne Johnson, as well as subject matter experts, to share their perspectives on certain topics.

Joe Rogan and Jimmy Carr share their take on the Vatican

On Episode #2045 of the 'JRE' podcast, Joe Rogan and Jimmy Carr discussed the Vatican. Carr said, "Someone was talking to me about the history of the Catholic Church and what happened that turned the Catholic Church bad. It was the plague."

In shock, Rogan replied, "Really?"

Carr continued, "So the plague hit in the Middle Ages and before that, the priest was the smartest person you have ever met. This guy could read they are just shapes to us on a page. The Bishop was even smarter and the Pope was a genius."

He noted, "Then the plague happens and wipes out a majority of the European population. It wiped out 90% of the priests because they had to give the last rites."

"So the barrierhood to became a priest came down from this to 'Ah you seem to have your own teeth, and you can string a sentence together'. So all kinds of corruptions started to come in," claimed Carr.

Going on the duo discussed the concept of celibacy in the Catholic Church as well as touched on how the treatment of LGBTQ+ individuals has changed over the years.

Internet reacts to the viral clip of Joe Rogan and Jimmy Carr discussing the Catholic Church

After the clip of Joe Rogan and Jimmy Carr discussing the Vatican surface, netizens started sharing their perspectives on the topic.

One wrote, "I always thought they brought celibacy in for priests because that kept them from acquiring land to be passed down. Or something like that. I could be wrong. Probably am."

Another said, "I think the Roman empire never fell, it just became a religion."

Tags news