Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'The View’ star Whoopi Goldberg responds strongly after Sunny Hostin states women over 50 in business are considered 'dead'

2023-11-15 13:27
The panelists - Ana Navarro, Alyssa Farah Griffin, and Sara Haines along with Whoopi and Sunny were discussing the perception of women aging in society
'The View’ star Whoopi Goldberg responds strongly after Sunny Hostin states women over 50 in business are considered 'dead'

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: ‘'The View' host Whoopi Goldberg responded with humor after her co-star Sunny Hostin asserted that "women over 50 in this business and many others are seen as dead."

The panelists - Ana Navarro, Alyssa Farah Griffin, and Sara Haines along with Whoopi and Sunny were discussing the perception of women aging in society.

Whoopi, celebrating her 68th birthday on the show, later delved into the day's Hot Topic, which involved a lively conversation about supermodel Carol Alt's choice to join OnlyFans at the age of 62.

Whoopi Goldberg shot back at Sunny Hostin's women ‘over 50’ comment

The panelists engaged in a debate about Carol's choice. Whoopi clarified that the purpose was to illustrate the beauty of women at any stage of life.

Sara Haines and Ana Navarro expressed their reluctance to consider joining the site in the future.

However, Whoopi seemed to contemplate the idea after Ana mentioned that models on OnlyFans earn "six digits."

As the discussion shifted to Sunny, she shared with her co-hosts that in various industries, women, particularly those "over 50," are often regarded as "dead."

"I think it will make a lot of people feel like that," Sunny admitted.

With a playful tone, Sunny humorously remarked, "Because I'm 55 now," altering her voice comically. She repeated the phrase, mimicking herself by saying, "I'm 55 now" in a funny manner once again.

"In this business in particular and a lot of businesses, any woman over 50 is dead," she stated.

Upon hearing Sunny's remark, Whoopi responded promptly and confidently with a witty retort, saying, "Well, that's what they'd like you to think," in a playful manner.

The conversation continued among the panelists, and later, Whoopi acknowledged, expressing gratitude, that she was "happy to be alive" at that moment in time.

Sunny Hostin reveals former romantic partner on ‘The View’ podcast

Sunny made another startling admission about her previous romantic partner.

Executive producer Brian Teta caught up with Sunny for their weekly chat on 'The View: Behind the Table' podcast when he casually brought up that he had recently learned about Sunny's past relationship with a well-known actor.

He revealed that Sunny was romantically involved with ‘The Cosby Show’s' Carl Anthony Payne, who played Cockroach on the series.

"I hate that that was his name on the show. Yes, his name is Carl Anthony [Payne] in real life. I called him Anthony," Sunny said.

"He was on [the sitcom] Martin. He directs now also. He's a working actor," the talk show host explained.

Later, Sunny disclosed that the relationship didn't last, revealing, "He dumped me for someone else. It wasn't nice, actually."

She confessed, "I had a friend named Anna who was really pretty, and as you know, I was a dancer... and Anna was also a dancer, and he broke up with me for Anna."

She added, “I didn't blame either. I was just like, wow, this is what people do. It was kind of shocking.”

Tags news