Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

New Drake track takes aim at ‘weirdos’ over criticism about 'inappropriate' Millie Bobby Brown friendship

2023-10-09 21:47
Drake was 31 and Millie Bobby Brown 14 when they exchanged texts in 2018, with him apparently providing her 'boy advice'
New Drake track takes aim at ‘weirdos’ over criticism about 'inappropriate' Millie Bobby Brown friendship

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Drake, 36, has taken aim at those who have commented negatively on his relationship with Millie Bobby Brown, 19, referring to them as "weirdos,"

Back in 2018, the rapper sparked controversy when the then-14-year-old 'Stranger Things' star revealed that he had exchanged texts with her, providing "boy advice."

The internet was quick to point out the significant 18-year age gap between Brown and Drake, questioning the appropriateness of his advice to a teenage girl.

Millie Bobby Brown's reaction to media frenzy

Brown had responded to the media scrutiny at the time through an Instagram Story, characterizing it as "weird" to turn their "lovely friendship" into a headline.

"I'm very blessed to have amazing people in my life," Brown said in an IG Stories update at the time. "U dont get to choose that for me."

Drake was 31 years old at the time their relationship came under scrutiny.

Fans were asking whether it was appropriate for a grown man to text and call a teenage girl, with online discussions ranging from topics of consent to boundaries of a relationship between an adult and a minor.

The age difference between the two as well as the content of their private conversations began being thrown about online, with some leveling baseless and unproven accusations of 'grooming' against the singer.

Drake raps about his relationship with Millie Bobby Brown

Now, years later, Drake, who is 36, has addressed the controversy through his latest track 'Another Late Night', featured on his latest album, 'For All The Dogs'.

Drake's album, released on October 6, boasts an impressive lineup of artists across its 23-song tracklist, including SZA, Bad Bunny, 21 Savage, Sexxy Red, Chief Keef, and more setlist.

In the song, he raps about the "weirdos in my comments talkin' 'bout some Millie Bobby," suggesting that they should bring their jokes to his gang for a more direct confrontation.

Drake and Brown's connection started when Drake attended the Brisbane Supernova convention in Australia, where Brown was making an appearance in 2017.

Internet reacts as Drake calls out 'weirdos'

In response to Drake's comments, one user posted, "Why would he even rap bout this."

Another wrote, "Why couldnt he just address that normally not as a metaphor."

"We’re the weirdos for calling him out for texting with a lil ass girl?? right.." wrote another user

Tags news