Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'It’s not that amazing': Cher gets candid on 'Today' as her iconic 1998 hit 'Believe' celebrates 25 years

2023-11-29 15:53
Despite the success and enduring popularity of her career, Cher got candid about her less-than-positive feelings about growing old
'It’s not that amazing': Cher gets candid on 'Today' as her iconic 1998 hit 'Believe' celebrates 25 years

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: Cher, an iconic singer known for her distinctive contralto voice and daring fashion choices recently opened up about her 1998 song ‘Believe’ turning 25 years old in an exclusive interview on NBC’s ‘Today’.

Cher's iconic megahit ‘Believe’ celebrates its 25th anniversary this year, a milestone that even the legendary icon herself found somewhat difficult to grasp.

During her interview with ‘Today’ host Harry Smith, she was asked about the incredible achievement of the song reaching this landmark anniversary.

However, Cher expressed a sense of amazement and perhaps even a bit of disbelief at the enduring popularity and longevity of ‘Believe.’

Cher talks about ‘Believe’ turning 25 on ‘Today’

When Harry Smith asked Cher about her song ‘Believe’ turning 25 years old, she responded hilariously drawing laughter, “It’s not that amazing, OK? Pisses me — it pisses the f**k out of me. And you can’t put that out.”

‘Believe’, which was released in 1998, emerged as a massive success, dominating the charts with an impressive four weeks at No 1 on the Billboard Hot 100.

This triumph earned Cher her sole Grammy Award, specifically for Best Dance Recording, marking a significant accolade in her illustrious career.

The song's impact extended beyond the charts, transforming into an enduring anthem that resonated for years.

Notably, 'Believe’ received further Grammy nominations, including Record of the Year.

The album of the same name, commemorating its 25th anniversary with a deluxe edition, also garnered recognition with a nomination for Album of the Year.

Cher, 70, gets candid about growing old

Despite the success and enduring popularity of her career, Cher got candid about her less-than-positive feelings towards aging.

When questioned by journalist Harry Smith about whether she and aging were "friends," Cher responded with an emphatic, "No!"

She said, “My mother didn’t mind, but I do. I hate it,” she said, joking that she’d “give anything to be 70 again.”

Her mother Georgia Holt reportedly died in December 2022 at 96.

While discussing the challenges of turning 70, when Smith revealed his own struggles, Cher delivered a perfect comeback.

She said, “I’d give anything to be 70 again.”

The 77-year-old Oscar winner further added, “It’s very difficult because I’ve lived too long, and I’ve done too many things. And so it would have to be, like, an encyclopedia, truthfully.”