Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Bruce Willis' wife Emma Heming thanks YouTube series for helping her deal with husband's dementia symptoms

2023-10-05 05:50
'I didn’t know where to go, what to look up, I’m looking things up and it’s freaking me out,' Emma Heming shared during a recent podcast appearance
Bruce Willis' wife Emma Heming thanks YouTube series for helping her deal with husband's dementia symptoms

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Emma Heming Willis struggled terribly while looking for her husband’s dementia symptoms online.

“I didn’t know where to go, what to look up, I’m looking things up and it’s freaking me out,” Heming shared during a recent podcast appearance.

The 45-year-old continued, “There wasn’t a lot [of information about FTD] but you guys popped up. I started listening and I felt like, ‘Oh my gosh I’m so grateful to hear other people’s stories,'” referring to a YouTube series ‘Make Time To Connect.’

Emma Heming thanks the podcast on dementia

Emma told the podcast founders Maria Kent Beers and Rachael Martinez via Zoom. “You guys have been so helpful to me. I want to say thank you. I’m surprised I’m not crying because that’s where I go to when I think of people who have been that lifeline for me,” she said.

“There’s nothing that levels the playing field like FTD. And I have made some of the greatest connections with other care partners, people like you who just get it. There doesn’t have to be so much explanation,” she added, according to the New York Post.

It was in March 2022 when Emma Heming Willis and her family revealed that the ‘Die Hard’ actor’s worsening health.

The 68-year-old was diagnosed with aphasia, a condition that affects a person’s language processing and communication abilities.

Bruce was diagnosed with Frontotemporal dementia in February

In February, the family shared that the star is now a Frontotemporal dementia patient which causes slower movement, stiffness, and balance problems.

“Dementia is hard. It’s hard on the person diagnosed, it’s also hard on the family. And that is no different for Bruce, or myself, or our girls. When they say this is a family disease, it really is,” Emma said on ‘Today’ appearance in September.

She had said previously on finding about out Bruce's condition, "To finally understand what was happening, so that I could be into the acceptance of what is. It doesn’t make it any less painful, but just being … in the know of what is happening to Bruce makes it a little easier."

"[It is] teaching them so much – how to love, how to care, and it’s a really beautiful thing amongst the sadness."

When asked if Willis could make out what was happening, the emotional entrepreneur replied, “It’s hard to know.”

Emma and Bruce share two daughters, Mabel, 11, and Evelyn, eight. He is also father to daughters Rumer, 34, Scout, 31, and Tallulah, 29 whom he shares with ex-wife Demi Moore.

Tags news