Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

‘She's competing with Jada Pinkett Smith': Olivia Wilde slammed for snarky Taylor Swift post

2023-10-17 17:48
Olivia Wilde, who faced backlash for her post suggesting Taylor Swift should date a climate scientist, recently stated that she 'meant no harm'
‘She's competing with Jada Pinkett Smith': Olivia Wilde slammed for snarky Taylor Swift post

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Actress and director Olivia Wilde recently found herself at the center of a social media storm, with netizens drawing comparisons between her and Jada Pinkett Smith, all stemming from a seemingly innocuous post.

It all began when Wilde shared a post on her Instagram Story from fellow actress Katja Herbers, reading, "I wish Taylor Swift was in love with a climate scientist," and it seemed like a harmless, light-hearted comment.

Moreover, the backlash continued even after she gave a clarification and said that she "meant no harm."

Olivia Wilde's Instagram Story post sparked immediate outrage

While the post shared by Olivia Wilde initially seemed quite playful as it carried the notion that Taylor Swift should date a climate scientist, leading to more awareness about the issue, it soon started to garner a whirlwind of reactions, especially from Swifties.

The post emerged amid rumors of Taylor Swift's romantic involvement with NFL star Travis Kelce, which grew after the two were spotted together at the 'Saturday Night Live' after-party.

Recently, Wilde responded to the backlash, stating, "I meant no harm. It's obviously a comment on how much attention gets paid to stupid things."

In her clarification, she emphasized that her intention was not to mock Swift or her dating history but rather to highlight the media's tendency to focus on trivial matters rather than addressing more significant global concerns.

Netizens slam Olivia Wilde's clarification regarding her snarky post on Taylor Swift

Internet users did not hold back in voicing their stance against Olivia Wilde.

A user said, "her and jada smith having a “how much can i say that people don’t give af about” war," highlighting the recent revelations by Jada Pinkett Smith regarding her separation from Will Smith.

Another added, "Imagine being having to use another celebrity's popularity just to stay relevant!?!" noting that she may have shared the post to gain attention.

One more stated, "You meant no harm but your comment says otherwise."

"Olivia never been the same since Harry dropped her," mocked a person, as one more quipped, "Although I absolutely adore Taylor- Travis, She is right entire world might have spoken about climate change by now."

A Swiftie said, "Keep Taylor out of your irrelevant mouth go plants some trees."

"I get her point but how she worded it and how she drag Tay tay? that's out of her business you know, it's wrong," highlighted another.

Tags news