Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Kevin Costner's ex Christine Baumgartner recalls their first meeting, denies ‘Yellowstone’ caused split

2023-06-23 19:47
'Kevin's public attacks on me are harmful for our family,' Christine Baumgartner wrote in court filings
Kevin Costner's ex Christine Baumgartner recalls their first meeting, denies ‘Yellowstone’ caused split

CARPINTERIA, CALIFORNIA: Kevin Costner’s ex-wife Christine Baumgartner reportedly gushed about her first meeting with the actor in court documents, as per the Daily Mail. The model shared that she was instantly impressed with the “handsome, charming movie star” when she met him when she was 18 and he was 37. Baumgartner also shared the details of her extravagant life with Costner in her latest filing in their divorce proceedings.

She further mentioned that the actor’s hit show ‘Yellowstone’ was not the reason behind their split. “I have avoided being public about the reasons for our divorce. I have done this to protect our family's privacy. I did not pressure Kevin to leave the Yellowstone show,” Baumgartner wrote, according to the Daily Mail. “Kevin's public attacks on me are harmful for our family. I believe they are meant to pressure me to move out without a temporary child support agreement in place,” Baumgartner added.

‘We traveled the world in private planes’

In her court documents filed in Santa Barbara Superior Court, California, Baumgartner, 49, shared that she met Costner for the first time in 1992. “I met Kevin on the golf course at the Alisal Ranch (an exclusive “dude” ranch in Solvang, California) when I was eighteen years old,” she recalled. “We played our first game of golf six years later and started dating shortly thereafter,” Baumgartner continued.

“Kevin was handsome, charming and a movie star. We traveled the world in private planes, stayed in luxurious hotels and private homes,” the handbag designer added. Costner and Baumgartner tied the knot on September 25, 2004, at his ranch in Aspen, Colorado, after four years of relationship. The pair went on to have three children together, Cayden, 16, Hayes, 14, and Grace, 13.

Last month Costner’s representative publicly announced that Baumgartner had filed for divorce from the ‘Yellowstone’ star. She also demanded $248,000 in child support and said it is “less than the amount needed to maintain the children in their accustomed lifestyle.” Baumgartner is also asking Costner to pay 100% for their three teenage children’s private schooling, extra-curricular activities and health care. Costner has alleged that he has been left “homeless” after the divorce filing as his now-estranged wife is refusing to vacate their $145 million beach compound in Carpentaria despite being bound to leave the house as per their 2004 pre-nuptial agreement.

Costner also told the court that he already paid Baumgartner $1million to have a new place and gave her $200,000 at the early stages of their marriage under the terms of the pre-nup.

However, Baumgartner alleged that Costner has attempted to trick her with the cash and damaged her right to challenge spousal support. “I recently learned Kevin without my knowledge or consent, deposited $1,000,000 into an account he had set up in my name years ago, asserting it was paid pursuant to paragraph F.5.i of the Premarital Agreement. Kevin is trying to force my concession that the spousal support limitation is valid by my “acceptance” of these funds,” she allegedly wrote in the filings.

“I believe that Kevin's goal is to get me to tap into this money, so he can argue that I waived my right to challenge the Premarital Agreement. I cannot make this concession,” Baumgartner wrote. Meanwhile, other paperwork revealed that Costner allegedly asked the judge to seal the pre-nuptial agreement “in light of the confidentiality provision.”

‘I encouraged Kevin to wear many hats’

As part of her divorce filings, Baumgartner also said that she motivated Costner to realize and live his own dreams while they were together. “During our marriage, I encouraged Kevin to wear many hats and live his dreams, even if that meant spending time away from our family,” she wrote. “I encouraged him to reconnect with his former bandmates from college and to start a new band,” Baumgartner continued.

“He became a singer/songwriter and toured for weeks at a time in many countries. He became an investor in several companies, some of which were through my connections,” she added. “Despite all of Kevin's commitments, I made sure to always keep him and the children connected as much as possible. I never questioned the time or commitment it took for him to do what he loved,” the handbag designer concluded.

Tags news epcelebs