Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Vivek Ramaswamy called 'clown face' after CNN's Kaitlan Collins presses GOP candidate over Ohio abortion rights

2023-11-10 15:27
In a conversation with CNN's Kaitlan Collins, Vivek Ramaswamy shared his opinion on Ohio abortion rights
Vivek Ramaswamy called 'clown face' after CNN's Kaitlan Collins presses GOP candidate over Ohio abortion rights

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: During an appearance on Kaitlan Collins' CNN show, GOP candidate Vivek Ramaswamy expressed disappointment with his home state of Ohio's vote to ensure access to abortion.

Ramaswamy suggested that Republicans should focus on enhancing their messaging around the abortion issue.

The 38-year-old also voiced his desire to see increased legal responsibility for men towards the children they father.

Following Collins’ exclusive conversation with the business entrepreneur, she took to X (formerly Twitter) to share Ramaswamy’s stance on Ohio abortion rights.

However, the internet brutally mocked Ramaswamy’s remarks as several called him “clown face.”

Kaitlan Collins questions Vivek Ramaswamy on Ohio abortion rights

CNN’s Kaitlan Collins took to X and wrote, “Vivek Ramaswamy after the Ohio vote: "I think I'm the only candidate talking about codifying into law greater sexual responsibility for men.”

She shared a short clip of her interview with Vivek Ramaswamy where he admitted to being disappointed that his home state of Ohio voted to ensure access to abortion and exclaimed that if he were president, he would make men legally responsible for parenthood.

Ramaswamy made his comments in the wake of Ohio achieving a significant win for abortion rights advocates. This victory came in the aftermath of the US Supreme Court's overturning of Roe v Wade last year. Ohio marked the seventh state where voters have chosen to safeguard abortion access following the landmark ruling.

Ramaswamy also revealed to Collins that he felt Republicans made wrong arguments.

He said, “A missing lever that we really ought to embrace on the right is greater sexual responsibility for men, codified in the law, in an era of genetic paternity tests: put more of a burden, financially and otherwise, on the father when it's a confirmed paternity test.”

When questioned by Collins about whether the outcome indicated that Republicans were out of sync with the American public on the abortion issue, Ramaswamy countered that the problem lay in the Republicans' failure to communicate their stance effectively.

He said, “I think it is a sign that the Republican Party needs to graduate in how not only we talk about this issue, but putting substance into what it means to be pro-life.”

“And I, for my part, am doing that. I think I'm the only candidate talking about codifying in the law greater sexual responsibility for men,” he added.

Furthermore, Collins asked Ramaswamy, “So, just to be clear, you think the issue is how Republicans are talking about abortion, or talking about contraception and adoption, not the actual issue of being against abortion access?”

GOP candidate said, “Not just talking about it, as I mentioned, Kaitlan, but I think being willing to stand for some attentive provisions in the law that codify greater responsibility for men in cases of confirmed paternity tests and also greater access to options like contraception, adoption and otherwise.”

“So I think that substantive difference can make a difference. It's not just a verbal question, but yes, I do think that that will change the outcomes versus what we're seeing tonight,” he explained.

Ramaswamy asserted that abortion should be a matter handled by individual states and expressed agreement with the repeal of Roe v Wade.

He emphasized that, “It's not about men's rights versus women's rights issue. It's a human rights issue.”

Meanwhile, pro-choice activists celebrated Tuesday's vote, viewing it as a triumph for women's rights.

Internet dubs Vivek Ramaswamy ‘clown face’

Soon after Kaitlan Collins shared her conversation with Vivek Ramaswamy who shared his opinion on Ohio abortion rights, the internet brutally slammed the GOP candidate.

One person wrote, “Why are you interviewing this clown,” and another had a similar opinion, “Stop giving this guy air time, you're keeping his campaign alive. There's literally zero reason to cover him, doing so just promotes his lies.”

A person simply mocked Ramaswamy adding, “Great interviewing Kaitlan, I can see the apprehension on this clown's face, please keep it up 👍.”

One more wrote, “Vivek wastes everyone's time,” and another said, “Lol. What a fraud.”

“I sort of want to hear specifics from him, but then I remember that I can't stand to hear him talk, so no,” trolled an X user.

One more shared a similar opinion, “He never listens. He just talks and talks. I can't stand the man."