Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Kevin Costner's wife Christine Baumgartner claims he informed children about divorce via 'short Zoom session'

2023-06-22 14:19
The 'Yellowstone' actor's ex-wife, Christine was displeased with how he handled informing their kids about their divorce
Kevin Costner's wife Christine Baumgartner claims he informed children about divorce via 'short Zoom session'

CARPINTERIA, CALIFORNIA: According to Kevin Costner's ex-wife, Christine Baumgartner, the actor casually informed their three children of their separation after 18 years of marriage. New records obtained by People on June 21 showed that the designer claimed that her ex informed their children about their divorce via a virtual Zoom call, amid the ongoing divorce dispute between Costner, 68, and Baumgartner, 49.

Reportedly, Costner is struggling as a result of his contentious divorce from his estranged wife Baumgartner. A source stated, "It’s a very tough time for Kevin and he’s only human." On May 1, Baumgartner filed for divorce from the 'Yellowstone' actor, ending their 18-year marriage. According to OK Magazine, the now-separated couple is now asking for joint custody of their three children, Cayden, 16, Hayes, 14, and Grace, 13.

'A 10-minute Zoom call without me [Christine] present'

According to People, Baumgartner alleged in court papers that the 'Bodyguard' actor informed their three children of the divorce over a 10-minute Zoom call while she was not present because he was in Las Vegas for a show. "After a 24-year relationship, from his hotel room in Las Vegas, Kevin told our three children that we were getting divorced over a 10-minute Zoom call without me present," the handbag designer alleged.

Baumgartner further added, "I am still confused by his motivation to do this via a very short Zoom session, especially since he was planning on being home five days later. He also could have easily come home from Las Vegas to have the conversation in person."

Baumgartner was careful to emphasize that she intended to prioritize the kids' "welfare" and inform them together. The mother of three allegedly stated in the documents, "The children’s welfare has always been my highest priority, and I was concerned they would find out about the divorce before Kevin and I could tell them. It was important for me that we tell the children in person and together."

Baumgartner claims she discussed "several articles about the importance of talking to the children as a united front" with her ex-husband and thought they would go about it jointly. She added: "He disregarded my proposal to do what I felt was right based on research and my relationship with the children. Instead, he insisted that he had the right to tell them that we were getting divorced "first" and tell them privately without me present."

Kevin 'FaceTimes all the time with the kids'

A source close to Costner revealed to People that the 'Yellowstone' actor's ex filed for divorce in May while he was filming on location and claimed he "FaceTimes all the time with the kids when he is away working." This comes after Baumgartner was reportedly demanding $248,000 a month to support their three children, per People.

In records obtained by the outlet, Baumgartner states that the money needed to care for their three kids is "less than the amount needed to maintain the children in their accustomed lifestyle." The court records state that she also expects Costner to cover the costs of their children's private school tuition, sports, extracurricular activities, and medical care.

Tags news epcelebs