Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Joe Rogan reacts to Derrick Lewis' UFC 229 homage when he had 'hot b***s' moment, fans dub it 'funniest thing'

2023-08-01 16:50
Joe Rogan and martial artist Daniel Cormier couldn't stop laughing after seeing Lewis in his underpants
Joe Rogan reacts to Derrick Lewis' UFC 229 homage when he had 'hot b***s' moment, fans dub it 'funniest thing'

AUSTIN, TEXAS: Derrick Lewis inspired awe inside the Octagon at UFC 229. Joe Rogan, as the UFC commentator, reacted to Lewis' "homage" when he had 'hot b***s' moment after winning the fight. Lewis also revealed his next move, stating that he hopes to get another UFC contract.

Despite being scheduled for a prelim spot, Lewis fought Rogerio de Lima on the main card of UFC 229. Lewis brutally demolished his Brazilian opponent in the opening round, with a flying knee jab. With the BMF belt on the line in the main event, he appears to have taken a page from Jorge Masvidal's book.

'Why did you take your pants off?'

While his performance was notable, Lewis's walked down to the mat after the finish and did his normal celebration routine. However, to the surprise of the audience, Lewis then removed his pants and performed the 'DX chop'. In the commentary booth, Rogan and martial artist Daniel Cormier couldn't stop laughing after seeing Lewis in his underpants, replicating a WWE celebration.

Lewis not only dropped bombs with his fists at UFC 291; he also delivered some major news after the fight. In an interview with Rogan, he recalled his famed "hot b***s" incident at UFC 229. Rogan asked, "Lewis, why did you take your pants off?" Lewis answered, "my b***s were hot." To this Rogan replied, "I understand." He later said that the sight of Lewis suddenly undressing had startled many people. “We’ll see (what’s next). Hopefully, I can get another contract with the UFC. If not, f*ck it. It is what it is,” Lewis told Rogan after his victory.

While it is clear that Lewis would relish the opportunity to remain in the UFC, being a free agent would not be the worst thing for him. With Francis Ngannou joining the PFL, fans may finally be able to watch the two rematch in a PFL smart cage. It remains to be seen what the future holds for him. However, with a record of 27-11, the UFC is unlikely to let Derrick Lewis go yet.

'This is literally the funniest thing I've seen'

UFC's official YouTube channel uploaded Rogan's interview with Lewis and it caught the attention of many viewers. A fan wrote in the comments section, "As much as I love this interview, Joe's "I understand" had me laughing until my ribs hurt. This is literally the funniest thing I've seen in a while. Never heard of black beast until last night but he's my new favorite. Southeast Texas represent."

Another fan of Rogan praised him writing, "Gotta respect Joe for keeping his composure after one of the funniest one liners in UFC history." One commentator wrote, "Joe's "I understand" kills me every time lmfao." "Best post fight interview. Derrick Lewis is the man," said another Lewis fan.