Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'The Voice' Season 24: Who is Willie Gomez? John Legend threatens to tell on Gwen Stefani flirting with Latino singer

2023-10-11 10:57
The other coaches made fun of Gwen Stefani for flirting with 'The Voice' Season 24 contestant, Willie Gomez
'The Voice' Season 24: Who is Willie Gomez? John Legend threatens to tell on Gwen Stefani flirting with Latino singer

UNIVERSAL CITY, CALIFORNIA: John Legend is ready to call Blake Shelton to complain about his wife and 'The Voice' Season 24 coach, Gwen Stefani.

The October 10 episode of the NBC show began with a Blind Audition from Latin artist, Willie Gomez, whom all coaches were ready to add to their team.

Willie kicked off Tuesday's episode with an exciting performance of Manuel Turizo's 'La Bachata' that drew the support of all four coaches.

When the other judges followed Gwen's initial turn, she was dismayed and said, "I thought I had you!"

"You still have me," Willie said in response.

Gwen complimented Willie on his voice, and John quipped that he was going to phone Blake to inform him that his wife was "flirting."

Gwen stated she had to flirt with Willie to get him on her team because all four of the judges sided with him.

"I really think that you're super gifted, super talented," she told him. "I would love to work with you," she added.

"What a performance!" Niall Horan concurred, complimenting Willie on his stage presence and "full voice."

"You can do all the things you need to do to be a big star... It sounded like, oh, I can hear this guy making a record that would be huge," John remarked, referring to how hugely popular Latin music is throughout the world. "It is pop music in a lot of ways."

Which coach did 'The Voice' Season 24 contestant Willie Gomez pick?

Despite his earlier flirting with Gwen, Willie looked to be won over by John's speech, and he elected to be the latest four-chair turn to join Team Legend.

Willie Gomez, according to John, is the "full package." "I think we have a star here!" exclaims the coach.

"I don't know what else I could have done," Gwen complained as John reveled in his newfound "leyenda" status. "He's really good."

'The Voice' Season 24 contestant Willie Gomez has released music in Spanish

Willie is a Latino artist from the Dominican Republic who grew up in Miami.

So far, he has only recorded music in Spanish. In May, he released his latest song, 'Mira Como Baila' (Look How He Dances).

Last year, he released 'Del Cibao,' an album that included ten of his most successful songs. One of them, 'Mojados' (Wet), has over 1.3 million Spotify streams. A remix of the song has 600,000 views.

Willie Gomez has toured with Christina Aguilera and Katy Perry

Willie's site page states that at the age of 13, he got captivated by prominent pop musicians and their work and began taking dance and vocal classes.

By the age of 17, he says he'd already appeared alongside a number of Latin stars, including Paulina Rubio, a coach on 'La Voz and La Voz Kids'.

According to his website, he has also performed at Latin award events such as the Latin Billboards and the Latin Grammys.

He subsequently relocated to Los Angeles to follow his aspirations, and he ended up dancing and performing with a number of celebrities, including, Katy Perry, and Britney Spears.

Willie and three other dancers surround Paris Hilton for an Icons Only event at the Fonda Theatre in Hollywood, according to one of his most recent Instagram postings.

He was also featured earlier this year on 'Dime Mi Amor,' a duet on Mayre Martinez's most recent EP.

Mayre is a former Latin 'American Idol' contestant who finished second on Season 1 of La Voz in 2019. Willie's TikTok account has over 140,000 followers and 700,000 likes.

'The Voice' contestant Willie Gomez gets shout-out from Britney Spears

Willie wowed the coaches during his Blind Audition on Tuesday's episode of 'The Voice,' and he received an extra dose of star power from a celebrity buddy.

Prior to following his musical goals on 'The Voice,' Willie worked as a background dancer for A-list celebrities such as Christina Aguilera, Jennifer Lopez, and Britney, who sent a special good luck message to her pal!

"Willie is a dancer of mine, and he is not only a great dancer, but an amazing singer," Britney said in the video. "I'm sending you all my kisses." "I adore you!"

Willie's Instagram page is full of photos of him and Britney, including one of them dancing together during her June 2022 wedding to Sam Asghari!

The owner of this post has made it private or removed it.

'The Voice' Season 24 airs on Mondays and Tuesdays on NBC at 9 PM ET.