Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Why is Pat Sajak leaving ‘Wheel of Fortune’? Beloved host announces retirement after four decades

2023-06-13 09:19
Pat Sajak's stint with 'Wheel of Fortune' will soon come to an end as beloved host announced his retirement from the show after 40 years
Why is Pat Sajak leaving ‘Wheel of Fortune’? Beloved host announces retirement after four decades

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: The words 'Wheel of Fortune' and Pat Sajak have always gone together in sync as one hasn't made sense without the other. Looks like things are about to change as the 76-year-old game show host recently announced his retirement after 41 glorious seasons. Sajak has been around and in association with 'Wheel of Fortune' since 1981, and his time as host is coming to an end.

In a shocking turn of events, Sajak has announced his retirement as host of 'Wheel of Fortune' and while his replacement remains a question mark, the focus stays on Sajak leaving the show. One cannot simply imagine 'Wheel of Fortune' without Sajak, but it looks like it's time for someone else to take the wheel for a spin. And as Sajak says in his announcement, "It’s been a wonderful ride."

Why is Pat Sajak leaving 'Wheel of Fortune'?

Sajak shocked the entire nation on Monday night after announcing his retirement as host from 'Wheel of Fortune' and everyone can't help but wonder why. Sajak took to Twitter to make this important announcement to his 372K followers and others as he wrote, "Well, the time has come. I’ve decided that our 41st season, which begins in September, will be my last. It’s been a wonderful ride, and I’ll have more to say in the coming months. Many thanks to you all. (If nothing else, it’ll keep the clickbait sites busy!)"

In 2019, Sajak appeared on ABC News, where he spoke about 'Wheel of Fortune' and said, "I’m not getting any younger, I’d rather leave a couple of years too early than a couple of years too late.” While everyone hoped that time wouldn't come anytime soon, it is the fate one has to accept.

Sajak's future with 'Wheel of Fortune'

For anyone who thought Sajak might be joking about his retirement, Suzanne Prete, who serves as the EVP of Game Shows at Sony Pictures Television, also confirmed this news. In a statement with PEOPLE, Prete said, "As the host of Wheel of Fortune, Pat has entertained millions of viewers across America for 40 amazing years. We are incredibly grateful and proud to have had Pat as our host for all these years and we look forward to celebrating his outstanding career throughout the upcoming season. Pat has agreed to continue as a consultant on the show for three years following his last year hosting, so we’re thrilled to have him remaining close to the Wheel of Fortune family!"

Looks like there are pros and cons to almost everything that happens. While Sajak is taking the much-needed time out from his hosting duties after more than four decades, he will continue being a part of ‘Wheel of Fortune’ as a consultant for hopefully years to come. Sajak might be leaving after the 2023-24 round of ‘Wheel of Fortune’ but his legacy shall continue.

Tags news epcelebs