Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who is Tracy Anderson? Celebrity trainer faces anger from clients over $5,500 mat fees and $90 drop-in class

2023-08-10 16:55
The fitness entrepreneur owns six studios in Los Angeles, the Hamptons, New York, Madrid, and London
Who is Tracy Anderson? Celebrity trainer faces anger from clients over $5,500 mat fees and $90 drop-in class

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: Tracy Anderson is reportedly a known name among celebrities and affluent people in the US for providing fitness training to the likes of Victoria Beckham, Jennifer Lopez, Gwyneth Paltrow, Maggie Gyllenhaal, and Madonna. The fitness entrepreneur owns six studios in Los Angeles, the Hamptons, New York, Madrid, and London. It has been said that being a member of her studio is taken more as a “status symbol”.

However, it now appears that her fitness empire is moving toward its downfall. Daily Mail citing an Insider report stated that her famous clients from the Hamptons are not happy with her skyrocketing prices. She has been accused of charging more than $5,500 for spot booking fees and $90 for a 55-minute drop-in class.

‘A chaotic, overpriced mess’

The clients of Anderson have reportedly complained about the “chaotic, overpriced mess” that her studios in the Hamptons - the Sag Harbor and Water Mill studios - have become. But that is not the only problem.

The bigger issue is apparently paying huge amounts of money to book an ideal spot in the studio for the workout in addition to the $900 monthly fees to learn her Tracy Anderson Method. The report shared that the fees were too much in 2018 when patrons had to pay $3,000 per month, but “as of this year, it has risen to a staggering $5,500.”

The expensive ‘Vitality Week’

Anderson reportedly keeps organizing programs, revolving around health and fitness. From August 17 to 21, one such program called 'Vitality Week' is happening at Sag Harbor but the charges are $5, 995, which is said to be three times higher than the price her clients paid for the same event in 2012.

Dani Levi, who is a TA member in the Hamptons, reportedly said, “It's a little bit ridiculous.” An ex-Hamptons trainer also disclosed that Anderson’s studios have eventually turned into a battleground for power showcasing. They added, “They're queen bees September through May in Tribeca but when they're mixed together the dynamics shift. That's the point of this whole thing: power and ‘I have money’ and ‘Do you know who I am? Do you know where I live?'"

Who is Tracy Anderson?

Anderson is a well-known figure in the world of fitness, who has been running studios across multiple locations for two decades. In 2021, she told British Vogue, “I 100 percent believe that the reason I stay relevant is because I did the work. I worked hard for 10 years, and it was the quality of [the Method] that made it miraculous, which is why it made its way into Madonna and Gwyneth’s lives – it was effective and real.”

‘We want to be living our lives to the fullest’

She explained what makes her unique. The 48-year-old said, “It’s all about longevity, and becoming physically balanced and healthy — we want to be living our lives to the fullest and healthiest extent. Before [me], there was nothing in fitness that had any strategy behind it at all, so it was up to me to figure out what that experience should look like.”

Anderson added, “I made the commitment that every week, I am going to show up for my clients and deliver a beginner, intermediate, and advanced session in a very raw way – it’s the content they need each week to have that conversation with their bodies.”

Tags news