Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'He looks like he's in a gang': 'The Five' hosts slam John Fetterman over removal of dress code in Senate

2023-09-19 18:18
The Pennsylvania lawmaker's casual attire has led to the dress code being removed, with senators being now allowed to wear whatever they want
'He looks like he's in a gang': 'The Five' hosts slam John Fetterman over removal of dress code in Senate

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: John Fetterman has caused chaos with his decision to show up in casual clothes to work, and the hosts of the popular Fox News talk show 'The Five' are not too happy.

The Pennsylvania lawmaker's dressing down for the Senate floor has led to the dress code being removed, with senators being now allowed to wear whatever they want.

The hosts of the talk show were not happy with this move of the Senate, questioning the maintenance of formal environment of the office along with the two-tiered system which discriminates against the non-senators working on the Senate floor.

'The Five' hosts express concern over dress code removal

Host Dana Perino pointed out that it is only the senators who are allowed to wear whatever they wish to, but not the other staff who are still expected to wear "business attire". The announcement was made by the Majority Leader of the Senate, Chuck Schumer.

Judge Jeanine Pirro agreed with her and added, "All of a sudden they have Schumer saying for the benefit of Fetterman, you know you could wear whatever you want. And yet, the staffers who barely make a living have to go out and buy fancy clothes."

She also commented on Fetterman's outfit saying, "He looks like he's in a gang or he's working out somewhere".

"I think it's part of the deterioration of the country," Pirro said, "For how long will this stay in effect?"

Perino claimed that the dress code will probably be back in order after the Republicans take over the Senate.

Greg Gutfeld jokes that dress code removal is 'good for women'

The conversation then moved to the comic of the panel, Greg Gutfeld, who was asked for his thoughts on the issue. He went on to give his remarks about how women and men dress differently under dress codes.

"I have to say, I think this might be good for women," Gutfeld started, "Because women have horrible choices for business attire, I think. I mean, why do women in the Senator Congress, dress like captains from a cruise ship?"

He then went on to say that "men are different" and that they "need the discipline".

"We would revert back to slobbery," Gutfeld added, "If we didn't have standards here, I'd be in a mesh half-shirt in sweatpants."

Gutfeld believes that women could dress themselves well if they were given more options, but men only do so when they have rule imposed on them.