Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Jeopardy!' host Ken Jennings reveals his kids 'will die' if he uses Gen-Z slang on the game show

2023-05-11 11:24
Doting dad of 2, 'Jeopardy!' host Ken Jennings has revealed that his kids don't want him to use Gen-Z slangs
'Jeopardy!' host Ken Jennings reveals his kids 'will die' if he uses Gen-Z slang on the game show

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Talk show or game show hosts should be confident in facing the camera and behave in such a way that could provide entertainment to viewers. Sometimes they do go overboard and say things that might not be considered good behavior. However, if you are a parent, you have to be within your limits so that your children don’t come forward with complaints about their parents’ inappropriate behavior. ‘Jeopardy!’ host Ken Jennings seems to be feeling the same because his kids have warned him of not behaving in a “certain way” that would make them feel uncomfortable.

The host, who found himself in the middle of a controversy regarding incorrect answers, recently made an appearance on ‘Good Morning America’ and tried answering questions about his life, in ‘Jeopardy!’ style. Jennings was having a discussion about the game show and that’s when the hosts of ‘GMA’ decided to play a game with the host and put him on the hot seat because the questions were related to his personal life.

READ MORE

'Jeopardy! Masters': Meet contestant Matt Amodio who won 38 consecutive games on ABC show in 2021

Fans go berserk as 'Jeopardy!' co-hosts Ken Jennings and Mayim Bialik to compete on rival game show 'Wheel of Fortune'

Jennings' kids can't see him using 'Gen-Z slangs'

The questions were all about Ken and one of the questions asked during the episode, read, “Doing this makes your kids cringe when they watch you on Jeopardy!” Ken didn’t take too much time in answering and said, “What is any Gen-Z slang?”

‘Jeopardy!’ host laughed after giving the answer and noted that his kids are “terrified” that he is going to use Gen-Z slang on the show. He also revealed that his kids jokingly said that they will “die” if he ever does that.

“My kids are terrified. You know, I can say 'Tonight on Jeopardy, I'm gonna go to a contestant and say 'You're so real for that, bestie', and they're like Dad, do not. I swear, DO NOT do that. Like, I will die if you do that,” Jennings said during the conversation.

The things are so serious that his kids have banned him from using the word “slay” on the show.

Jennings is a doting dad of two

The game show host got married to Mindy Jennings in 2000 after graduating from Bringham Young University in Utah. Two years later, their family grew bigger as the couple welcomed their eldest child, Dylan, in 2002. In an interview with ‘Yahoo! Life’ in 2021, Jennings revealed that parenting feels like a “moving target” because you, as a parent, are always “responding to the current needs” of the kid.

“Parenting is always a moving target: you’re really just responding to the current needs of the kid, which might be different [needs] than six months ago. So, it’s a lot of listening because the kid will tell you what you need — but it’s not going to be what you expect and it's not what you remember you need at their age,” Jennings said during the interview.

‘Jeopardy!’ is currently airing its ‘Masters’ week and Jennings can be seen hosting the tournament.