Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'I do a lot of meditation' Chris Hemsworth reveals major lifestyle changes amid high risk for Alzheimer's

2023-10-07 03:59
Chris Hemsworth said the alarm was a 'good kick in the a**e and a reminder to do whatever is in my power to give myself the best fighting chance'
'I do a lot of meditation' Chris Hemsworth reveals major lifestyle changes amid high risk for Alzheimer's

MALIBU, CALIFORNIA: Chris Hemsworth, the 'Thor' actor, is making his health a first priority after getting 'floored' by the revelation that he has a high risk for Alzheimer's disease.

Hemsworth said the alarm was a "good kick in the ar** and a reminder to do whatever is in my power to give myself the best fighting chance."

Chris Hemsworth is focusing on brain health

Even though he is physically fit, the 'Avengers' star has made adjustments to his mind-and-body regimens with a focus on brain health.

"Now, I'm incorporating more solitude into my life," Hemsworth, 40, shared with Men’s Health.

"I’ve always been pretty consistent with my exercise commitments, but lately I’ve really felt the importance of taking time for yourself without any outside voice or stimulation and making time for stillness," the '12 Strong' actor added.

He revealed, "Whatever work I’m doing for my brain health benefits the rest of my body—we turned it into a positive.”

Sharing the lifestyle changes, Hemsworth says it will inspire other people in similar situations to "either go and get checked or to understand more about brain health and see what they have within their power to change.”

The change includes a lot of meditation and more shut-eye

In addition, he says, “I do a lot of meditation and breath work mostly during sauna and ice bath routines."

The 'Marvel' actor said, “I have a more consistent approach to my sleep. Try to stay off screens an hour before bed and read most nights definitely helps," he said.

"In addition focusing on not being attached to every thought and be the observer to the noise when possible, just stepping back from the internal chatter,” Hemsworth added.

Chris Hemsworth is also maintaining work-life balance

"My weight fluctuates a lot due to differing roles and also my own interests in regards to challenging my body in different ways,” he said, as per the publication.

“I’m lifting less frequently than I was and I’m incorporating more cardio and endurance workouts which I much prefer than heavy body-building style sessions,” he continued.

Hemsworth learnt about the risk of getting Alzheimer's on 'Limitless with Chris Hemsworth', a Nat Geo documentary series on longevity.

Doctor Peter Attia explained to him he has an eight to 10 times higher risk of Alzheimer’s disease following two copies of the gene APOE e4 in his blood.

“You’re constantly thinking you’re going to live forever, especially as a young individual,” Hemsworth said on Limitless.

“Then to be told that this might be the thing that might take you out was like, whoa—it kinda floored me,” he added.

Since knowing about Hemsworth has announced changes in his life and besides this, he is also improving his work-life balance to maintain his health.

"It made me think about my kids and how they’re growing up and things are changing so dramatically, and I want to sit, I want to soak it in," he shared with Dr Attia on his 'Drive' podcast.

"I don’t want to be in a sprint anymore. I want to be right here and appreciate everything that’s in front of me," Hemsworth said.

Tags news