Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'It always stuck in my mind': Zack Snyder had the idea for Rebel Moon in college

2023-12-02 18:19
Zack Snyder has revealed that he first thought of the concept for his space opera 'Rebel Moon' as a college student.
'It always stuck in my mind': Zack Snyder had the idea for Rebel Moon in college

Zack Snyder first came up with the idea for 'Rebel Moon' as a college student.

The 57-year-old filmmaker is helming the two-part space opera and explained that the concept first entered his mind when he was in the classroom.

Zack told Total Film magazine: "It came from a pitch class I had at college. I said it was like a cross between 'The Dirty Dozen' and 'The Magnificent Seven' set in space.

"Part of the conversation was: 'Why would Hollywood say no to your idea?' And no one could think of a reason. It always stuck in my mind."

'Rebel Moon' has been split into two parts – with the first movie slated for later this month and the sequel 'Rebel Moon – Part Two: The Scaregiver' to follow in April 2024 – and screenwriter Shay Hatten explained that there is a "different flavour" to each picture.

He said: "They definitely have their own feel, the two movies.

"We worked to divide them to make sure they each felt like their own proper experience. So it is one macro story being told, but they both have their own flavour."

Snyder is expanding the 'Rebel Moon' franchise beyond the two big-screen adventures and declared that he is the "gatekeeper" for what's to come.

The 'Man of Steel' director said: "I'm the gatekeeper for what's possible. I'm the only one who knows where the whole story is going, and I do have it mapped all the way.

"We're doing a narrative podcast, and an animated comic book, and an animated series. They all take place before the events of the movie. So you can start to understand the vastness of the mythology that we've been working on."