Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Jennifer Lawrence says she won't think twice before accepting an offer to work in 'Hunger Games' flick: 'Totally, 100 percent'

2023-06-11 01:15
Jennifer Lawrence will be playing an Uber driver in her next flick 'No Hard Feelings'
Jennifer Lawrence says she won't think twice before accepting an offer to work in 'Hunger Games' flick: 'Totally, 100 percent'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Jennifer Lawrence is ‘totally’ in for a ‘Hunger Games’ return! The Oscar-winning actress, during a promotional interview for her upcoming comedy flick ‘No Hard Feelings,’ said that she won’t think twice before accepting an offer to play Katniss. "Oh, my God – totally! If Katniss could ever come back into my life, 100 percent," she said.

She joked while looking away from the camera, “My producing partner just clutched her heart.” The 32-year-old actress was the lead character in the first four ‘Hunger Games’ movies adopted from the dystopian book series by Suzanne Collins. The film blew box offices generating a record $3 billion worldwide. The other star cast members include Josh Hutcherson, Woody Harrelson, Liam Hemsworth, Elizabeth Banks, Donald Sutherland, Stanley Tucci, and Julianne Moore.

'But I'll be so old by then!'

Now, the franchise is working on a 'Hunger Games' prequel film, ‘The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes,’ which is based on the authors' 2020 book of the same name. It is anticipated to have its theater release on November 17, this year. The actors roped in for this project are Rachel Zegler, Tom Blyth, Hunter Schafer, Peter Dinklage, Viola Davis, Jason Schwartzman, and Josh Andres Rivera, as per Variety.

At Toronto International Film Festival last year, Lawrence was asked what advice she would offer to the cast of the prequel, "You guys are going to have the best time. Just have fun — don't worry about anything.” And a few months later, she joked that the prequel made her ‘feel old as mold.’ “I remember being 21 and thinking, ‘My God, one day they'll redo and remake them. But I'll be so old by then! I'll be dead!’ ” she told The New York Times.

'You probably weren’t even born'

Talking about ‘No Hard Feelings’ is said to be a raunchy comedy with Lawrence playing an Uber driver. She is hired by a rich couple played by Matthew Broderick and Laura Benanti to date and seduce their 19-year-old son Andrew Barth Feldman. The idea is to get young men out of their zone.

The reporter asked Feldman if he had seen 'Hunger Games,' but Lawrence was quick to crack, “You probably weren’t even born." “I was probably about 10 years old. I read the books and then the movies came out and it was a phenomenon. I watched them recently just for fun and I did text [Lawrence] when it was happening. Those moves are so good. That whole genre didn’t exist yet. Nor did we know that genre of film incorporate such a huge and truthful and beautiful performance from Jen,” Friedman said. Lawrence quipped, “I can’t believe you could read when you were 10.”