Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Jason Aldean song controversy: Ted Nugent blasts 'Try That In A Small Town' critics for being 'idiots', fans say he 'loves this country'

2023-07-24 18:29
'Idiots hate this Jason Aldean song because they hate when we push back against violence,' Ted Nugent said
Jason Aldean song controversy: Ted Nugent blasts 'Try That In A Small Town' critics for being 'idiots', fans say he 'loves this country'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: The latest celebrity to chime in on Jason Aldean's contentious single 'Try That In A Small Town' is Ted Nugent, the self-proclaimed "Motor City Madman," who called the song's detractors "idiots" on Saturday, July 22. "I know there’s a bunch of idiots out there, but you need to learn to get a kick out of the idiots. The idiots hate this Jason Aldean song because they hate when we push back against violence," he stated to Fox News.

The rock icon is no stranger to controversy. Often labeled an extremist, he has engaged in debates with liberals over contentious topics like free speech and Second Amendment rights for years. In the face of what he calls the cancel culture mob, he claims to stand for "truth, logic, and common sense."

Jason Aldean song controversy

The song 'Try That in a Small Town' by Jason Aldean has recently been the target of criticism over claims it condones bigotry and gun violence. During a performance in Cincinnati, Ohio, the country music star defended his song and denounced "cancel culture." Several Republicans have also defended the singer.

Ted Nugent blasts 'Try That In A Small Town' critics

The Motor City Madman Nugent responded to the criticism leveled at Jason Aldean saying, "They always get it 180 degrees wrong. This song is against violence. The song is about self-defense. The song is about protecting your loved ones in your neighborhood. If you find fault with a song that celebrates protecting your loved ones, your neighborhood, you might be going down to Target to the Satan display and get down on your knees."

'I laugh in their face'

"These are just weird people. We dismiss them because they’ve gotten out of hand because they’ve got no soul. I laugh in their face," Nugent added. "I’ve always stood up radically – really extremist – for God, family, country, Constitution, Bill of Rights, Ten Commandments, golden rule, work ethic, law and order, all that really radical stuff, and that represents the heart and soul of the best, most passionate, most cocky, most fun people in the world."

'What's wrong with that song?'

Meanwhile, the song has found some resonance on the Internet. "What wrong with that song? The song is cool and nice too," a user tweeted. Another said, "Great song. Never heard of Jason before but it’s my new anthem." "@TedNugent has great big American balls and loves this country," commented another. "Aldeans song is an inspirstion for this country," claimed a user. "I heard the song and it doesn’t sound like a racial issue it sounds like a standard of morals and values. Also a voice of awareness to destructive people, letting them know of how it’s going to be in a small town," explained another user.

Tags news epcelebs