Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'He's a Strong Island guy': Old interview of Bijou Phillips with Chynna Phillips reveals Danny Masterson's 'controlling' behavior

2023-06-01 20:51
The actor and Phillips have been married since 2011 and share a child together
'He's a Strong Island guy': Old interview of Bijou Phillips with Chynna Phillips reveals Danny Masterson's 'controlling' behavior

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Rape charges against Danny Masterson have now finally been proved after a Los Angeles court found him guilty of rape on May 31. The trial began in April and saw three women identified only as Chrissy B, Jen B, and N Trout accusing the ‘That ’70s Show’ actor of sexual assault.

However, out of three counts of rape, he was convicted of only two. The jury couldn't reach a verdict on the third count of rape. The sentencing date for Masterson has not come out yet but it has been said he could face three decades of jail time. Amid these troubled times, one person who is believed to have never left the 47-year-old’s side is his wife, Bijou Phillips.

‘A little controlling’

The actor and Phillips have been married since 2011 and share a child together. According to a now-deleted old YouTube video made by Chynna Phillips, who is Bijou’s half-sister, the 43-year-old actress defined her husband as a “Strong Island” guy. In the video, when Chynna asked her to share “the parallels of my husband and your husband,” Bijou said, “So our husbands are both from Long Island and they’re both in families with brothers who act, and their moms are both named Carol. They both have three brothers and they’re both very ‘Strong Island’ guys."

Chynna then went on to assert, “And a little controlling,” before stating, “How would you like us to rephrase ‘controlling’?” to which the daughter of musician John Phillips and Geneviève Waïte replied, “Strong Island.” However, Bijou also revealed at the time that she did not let Masterson get away with anything and everything when it comes to matters of the home. “This is the deal — I’m also from Long Island, so…” she added.

‘It was painful’

The “controlling” behavior of Masterson came out during trial when his former girlfriend, who is also one of his victims, told the court last month that despite her continuously saying no to the actor’s sex demand he “didn't listen to me”. She said as per ABC7, “So I continued pleading with him, like, 'please get off of me, no.' And he was continuing. And it was painful. And I remember trying to push his chest up off of me. I couldn't get him off of me.”

After much struggle, the woman claimed that she succeeded in freeing herself from his clutch, but an enraged Masterson struck her in the jaw and spat on her before leaving the room.