Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Kim Kardashian claims mom Kris Jenner drank vodka 'at 5 o’clock every day' to deal with raising six children

2023-06-27 14:54
'I have so much respect for parents and now I can’t believe what my mom went through,' Kim Kardashian said
Kim Kardashian claims mom Kris Jenner drank vodka 'at 5 o’clock every day' to deal with raising six children

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Kim Kardashian is starting to see how hectic a job it was for Kris Jenner to be a mother and businesswoman at the same time. In an interview with Vogue Italia, the SKIMS founder opened spoke about the challenges of being a mother while she shared some insights about Kris, 67.

“I have so much respect for parents and now I can’t believe what my mom went through,” Kim told the outlet. The 42-year-old shares four kids with her ex-husband Kanye West - North, 10, Saint, 7, Chicago, 5, and Psalm, 4. “I constantly ask [Kris], ‘How did you do it? Six kids, six big personalities. We’re all so different, how did you really handle it?'” she added.

Kris Jenner had 'vodka at 5 o’clock every day'

Kim then revealed that her mother's secret to parenting was a glass of vodka every day. “She is just like, ‘Why do you think I had my vodka at 5 o’clock every day?'” Kim told the magazine. It seems that Kris likely manages the pressures of motherhood in the form of one of her famous martinis. The mother-of-six teamed up with her daughter Kylie in a September 2022 cooking video to show fans how to prepare the cocktail the way she likes.

'I feel so lucky'

As for Kim, she filed for divorce from West after seven years of marriage in February 2021. She admitted she was thankful as a single mother to be able to get help when it came to raising her children. “I feel so lucky and blessed to have help, but no matter how much help you have, your babies want their mommy, you have to be the one to solve every problem and act like you have it all together,” she told the outlet.

Kim Kardashian speaks on co-parenting with Kanye West

Kim disclosed that co-parenting with West was not easy, especially due to the rapper's social media outbursts related to her family and her parenting choices. She detailed how she dealt with the negativity in front of her children. “If it’s something concerning my kids’ dad and I’m upset, I try not to show as much emotion. I have to be ready to explain why I’m upset and it might not be appropriate for them to know,” she said, adding, “There is nothing worse than, ‘You’ll understand when you’re older.’ I don’t want to be that person.”

Kim said that her utmost priority was to set a positive example for her children which she learned from watching Kris, Caitlyn and her late father, Robert. “I think at some point you just have to surrender to not getting the last word and not having your truth out there. I also saw a really good example from my parents. And that was helpful. It makes me want to be an example for my kids too," she said.

'No wonder they turned out like that'

Netizens were quick to react to Kim's claim. A user wrote, "And? Really raising those kids , I would drink too." Another wrote, "SO???? I would drink too every single night if I was raising all those kids…hell…I did it with TWO kids…helps take the EDGE off." One user opined, "If she drank vodka everyday she really wasn’t raising her kids," while another echoed, "No wonder they turned out like that." "Bang up job, mom," wrote one user.