Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Sloshed' Joy Behar got into 'lunge fight' with Star Jones after breaking rules at former co-host's wedding

2023-09-11 13:15
'The View' Joy Behar broke the rules at Star Jones' first wedding after being "sloshed"
'Sloshed' Joy Behar got into 'lunge fight' with Star Jones after breaking rules at former co-host's wedding

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: ‘The View’ Season 27 premiere week had Joy Behar as the moderator in Whoopi Goldberg’s absence. During this time, Behar and the co-hosts also discussed dress codes at weddings.

On the topic of dress codes at weddings, Behar guessed that it could be a “product of social media.”

However, while this wasn’t mentioned on ‘The View’ Season 27, Behar had broken a dress code rule at her then-co-host Star Jones’ wedding in 2004.

Behar revealed a little more about Jones’ wedding on ‘Late Night with Conan O'Brien’ in 2004. Behar also mentioned that she got into a “lunge fight” with Jones at the wedding.

Joy Behar talks about the rules at Star Jones’ wedding

Star Jones married Al Reynolds in 2004, and they were married until 2008.

On ‘Late Night with Conan O'Brien,’ O’Brien welcomed Joy Behar in 2004, where he mentioned Jones’ wedding and said, “Star Jones was furious with you.”

He added, “Because you violated the rule at the wedding and took a camera, and took a couple of pictures.”

Behar nodded, “Yeah, you were not supposed to take a camera to the wedding.”

Behar also mentioned that Jones was eventually “over it” but she was “mad at the night of the wedding.”

Behar then spoke about the wedding rules at Jones’ wedding, “No cameras, no cell phones, no pants.”

She admitted that she “wore pants” at Jones’ wedding, despite the rule.

Why did Joy Behar break the dress code?

‘The View’ host also explained why she wore pants instead of a skirt.

Joy Behar said, “I wore pants because I bought a skirt, I looked fat in the skirt, so I didn’t wear a skirt, I looked better in pants.”

Behar also added, “They wanted gowns, ballgowns, and white tie.”

As for the camera, Behar got it with her so she could take pictures outside since she assumed “they would confiscate it anyway.”

She mentioned that she did take pictures at the wedding and then she “had a few drinks,” after which Behar was “sloshed” and asked Star Jones, the bride, if she could take a picture of her.

“She got mad at me, lunged for the camera, so now we’re like in a big lunge fight,” explained Behar.

Conon O’Brien was shocked at reconfirmed if Jones and Behar were actually “fighting” to which she repeatedly said, “yes.”

Behar also added that Jones tried to “wrestle her to the ground.”

Finally, Behar’s husband, Steve Janowitz intervened, and Jones let go of the camera, which was the end of their “lunge fight” at the wedding.