Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who is Chechi Sarai? Gwen Stefani and John Legend accuse 'rambler' Niall Horan of trying to seduce singer bagging four-chair turn

2023-10-03 07:18
About 10 words had been sang during Chechi Sarai's Blind Audition when Gwen Stefani and John Legend simultaneously pressed their buttons for her on 'The Voice' Season
Who is Chechi Sarai? Gwen Stefani and John Legend accuse 'rambler' Niall Horan of trying to seduce singer bagging four-chair turn

UNIVERSAL CITY, CALIFORNIA: Gwen Stefani and John Legend accuse 'rambler' Niall Horan of attempting to woo Chechi Sarai, a singer on 'The Voice' Season 24. From the first whistle note, the singer dazzles the 'Voice' coaches!

The coaches on Season 24 of 'The Voice' are blown away from the minute Chechi sings the first note of her Blind Audition. The singer's performance elicits a surprised reaction from Reba McEntire, Gwen, John, and Niall in NBC's exclusive sneak look at the October 2 episode, when she sings a pitch-perfect version of Minnie Riperton's "Lovin' You" – and wins the season's newest four-chair turn.

"Who are you, and what planet did you come from?" Niall is taken aback by her performance.

Of course, John had to compliment Chechi's "amazing gift" of whistling tones, while simultaneously emphasizing that she's not a "one-trick pony," impressing him with other aspects of her performance. "You belong on this stage, and you belong on The Voice for a long time, like, going all the way to the finale," he exclaims.

"You've set the bar so high for this competition," Niall says. "I can see, like, a finalist already, in you... And I would love for you to be on my team."

John calls Niall a "rambler," and Gwen complains about his pitching technique yet again.

Gwen Stefani accuses Niall Horan of trying to 'seduce' 'The Voice' singer Chechi Sarai

"I feel like the way that you said 'love,' that you were totally trying to seduce her," Gwen charges the ex-One Direction member. She, on the other hand, has nothing but praise for Chechi.

"What I love about you was, the love and confidence you had on stage," Gwen says of the artist. "It felt like I was watching a GRAMMYs performance."

Reba McEntire calls 'The Voice' Season 24 singer Chechi Sarain 'classy'

Reba concurred with Niall, saying to Chechi, "Your ability to sing is off the charts. But what I love so much is you’re having fun."

She further adds, "You’re classy, the way you do your hands. There’s a storytelling to when you’re performing. Your vocals are just insane, and I would love to have you on my team."

Which coach did 'The Voice' Season 24 singer Chechi Sarain pick?

Even though the preview clip ends before Checki gets to make her pick, there are online rumors the Los Angeles resident goes for Team Gwen.

'The Voice' Season 24 singer Chechi Sarain worked with Kanye West and 2face

Chechi is a singer, songwriter, and producer with more awards than time in the profession. Chechi, a Michigan native born to Nigerian immigrants, is influenced by a diverse range of cultures.

Her flexibility as a singer and composer is unrivaled among her colleagues, since she is equally at home working in Afrobeats, R&B, and Soft Rock music. She has performed live backup vocals for Deborah Cox, Lucky Daye, Kanye West, and others.

She has also choreographed and performed for Teddy Riley and has opened for several worldwide musicians, including Baby Charm, Flavour, Gyptian, and 2face, as a solo act. Furthermore, she has collaborated with multiple industry producers and written for several artists, including Day 26 and the worldwide electronic act The Brookes Brothers, as a composer.

​Chechi is a young artist with many successes in her career thus far. Expect big things from her in the future.

Season 24 of 'The Voice' will show back-to-back episodes on Mondays and Tuesdays beginning at 8 pm ET through the blind auditions and battle rounds.