Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Emma Roberts fans go to war with rest of Internet over Angelica Ross' allegations of transphobia

2023-09-21 14:54
Angelica Ross recently accused Emma Roberts of passing a transphobic comment while narrating her experience of filming 'AHS: 1984'
Emma Roberts fans go to war with rest of Internet over Angelica Ross' allegations of transphobia

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Angelica Ross, renowned for her role in 'American Horror Story: 1984', made headlines when she claimed that her co-star Emma Roberts made a transphobic comment toward her during the show's filming in 2019.

While Ross's allegations have sparked a passionate response on social media, they have also drawn Roberts' supporters into the fray.

Angelica Ross accuses Emma Roberts of being transphobic

The controversy began when Angelica Ross took to Instagram Live to recount her experience on the set of 'American Horror Story: 1984' and recalled, "I’m standing in front of Emma, talking to her like this, and she’s in front of me, her back against the mirror. She goes, 'John, Angelica‘s being mean'."

Though Ross did not specify which John she was referring to, two episodes of AHS: 1984 were directed by John J Gray.

In the live, the 'Pose' star continued, "I know she’s not being for real. She's just being whatever. And John is like, 'OK, ladies, that’s enough. Let’s get back to work.' And she then looks at me and she goes, 'Don't you mean lady?' And she turns around like this and covers her mouth [with her shirt]."

Ross alleged that Roberts referred to her using a derogatory term, implying that she was not a woman.

She added that her co-star "couldn't see I’m looking at her dead a** in the camera, like, 'What the f*** did you just say?'... I’m like, trying to process [what] the f*** she just said. I’m standing there, she walked away, my blood is boiling."

"Because I’m like, if I say something, it’s gonna be me that’s the problem. And I know this because there was someone who spoke up about what she was doing and they got repercussions from it. Not her—they did," expressed Ross.

She added, "So when I saw that happening, I was just like, 'I’m done.' I didn’t speak to that b**** the entire time after that. So we had scenes together and I never spoke to her. She said to me she could feel the energy coming off of me."

"She was like, 'Are you OK? You haven’t been talking.' I’m like, 'Mmmhmm.' Cause b**** don’t play me. You’ve been playing mind games with everybody on the set and everybody’s been waiting for the moment that you would get me," noted Ross.

The situation took an unexpected turn when she revealed on X (formerly Twitter) that Roberts had reached out to her in private to apologize.

In her post, Ross wrote, "Thank you @RobertsEmma for calling and apologizing, recognizing your behavior was not that of an ally. I will leave the line open to follow up on your desire to do better and support social justice causes with your platform."

Internet divided over Angelica Ross' claim of Emma Roberts being transphobic

In the aftermath of Angelica Ross' allegations about her 'American Horror Story' co-star, Internet users have expressed both criticism and support towards Emma Roberts.

A user said, "Oh that’s really not- Emma, you know better! Shame on you!" with another adding, "NO, EMMA."

One claimed, "Emma still stuck in her Chanel Oberlin character." "Sadly, I’m not surprised," expressed a netizen.

"Emma spoke to the news outlets already this is what she had to say," wrote a user, attaching a clip from 'Scream Queens'.

"We support emma," stated one, with another saying, "We stand with Emma Roberts."

A person simply stated, "We really don’t care."

Tags news epcelebs