Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Match Me Abroad': Who is Mark Scafidi? Sports broadcaster seeks his Disney's 'Jasmine-like' wife in Morocco

2023-05-29 08:28
TLC's 'Match Me Abroad' participant Mark Scafidi was shocked to know about Morocco's conservative dating culture
'Match Me Abroad': Who is Mark Scafidi? Sports broadcaster seeks his Disney's 'Jasmine-like' wife in Morocco

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: TLC has recently launched an exciting new dating show 'Match Me Abroad'. The latest matchmaking show features multiple singles from America looking for their dream partner overseas after they failed to find a perfect match within their home country.

From California to North Carolina, the hopeful romantics will give a shot at love with the help of a matchmaker. Viewers have already seen Nathaly, Susan, and a few more singles trying their luck on their first date. A new hopeful, Mark Scafidi, is scheduled to seek love in the upcoming episode. Scafidi has joined the TLC show to start a family as he feels he is thriving in his career.

RELATED ARTICLES

'Match Me Abroad': Here's why Harold Davisii wants a prenup even before meeting his potential fiancee

Here's how you can apply for 'Match Me Abroad' star Katarina Nemcova's matchmaking services

Who is Mark Scafidi?

Scafidi originally belongs to Chicago, Illinois but currently resides in Los Angeles, California. He pursued Bachelor's degree in Journalism from Northern Illinois University and attained his Master's Degree from The University of Akron. As a sports enthusiast, Scafidi was a member of a football team when he was at graduation.

He soon turned his passion into a profession as he got a job as a Production Assistant at ESPN in Jan 2001, and later steered his career towards reporting and worked as a sports news reporter in multiple outlets. Scafidi is currently working as Play by Play, Color Commentator, and show host at The University of Akron since December 2015, as per his LinkedIn profile.

Moreover, as a travel enthusiast, he often shares photos and videos of traveling to different locations. After having a successful career in media, Scafidi is ready to start his new life with his dream partner.

Fatima warns Mark Scafidi about PDAs

Scafidi is all set to make his debut in the upcoming episode of TLC's 'Match Me Abroad'. However, he struggled to find the perfect partner in Morocco because of the country's conservative culture. Scafidi met Fatima, a matchmaker from Morocco, and discovered that he is not allowed to indulge in any forms of PDA or even hold hands with his match.

Fatima explained the do's and don'ts of dating in the North African country and revealed that the first thing he should know is that it's a conservative country where it is totally forbidden to have a female friend with you in a room, in a hotel, if you’re not married, as per the law. Scafidi was left stunned by the strict rules before Fatima dropped another bombshell. She further warned Scafidi and said, 'No intimacy in public, no kissing in public.' Morocco's dating rules concerned Scafidi as he wonders how he will connect with someone with no physical intimacy.

What is Mark Scafidi's current relationship status after 'Match Me Abroad'?

Scafidi joined 'Match Me Abroad' to find a dream partner who was "just like Disney's Jasmine". After establishing a successful career and with all of his friends settled down, he was finally ready to put work on hold to prioritize starting a family. The 44-year-old is one of the older cast members of the TLC show and wanted to fall in love and start a family. He went all way to Morocco to find his dream partner but the country's dating rules did ruin his plans. However, the American sports broadcaster then turned to Nina for guidance to find a Moroccan wife after his few failed attempts. He even went on to meet a single woman later in the show.

He was a bit surprised when his date decided to come on the date with her family, and one of the woman's family members even mocked Scafidi for his age. Not every date was good for him, as he found that too often the 'dates' ended in rejection or were a waste of his time. Meanwhile, he currently seems to be enjoying his single life while traveling as well as spending quality time with his mother and cousins.

New episodes of 'Match Me Abroad' premiere on TLC every Sunday at 10 pm ET.