Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Diddy faces fresh trouble as Revolt TV podcaster Dawn Montgomery departs after Cassie's rape allegations

2023-11-22 17:56
Diddy and Cassie have settled the lawsuit, with the former's lawyer emphasizing it is 'in no way an admission of wrongdoing'
Diddy faces fresh trouble as Revolt TV podcaster Dawn Montgomery departs after Cassie's rape allegations

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Sean "Diddy" Combs, rapper and founder of Revolt TV, is facing fresh challenges as allegations of sexual assault, trafficking, and physical abuse by Cassie, born Casandra Ventura, have led to the departure of popular podcaster Dawn Montgomery.

In the wake of Cassie's bombshell court papers detailing a tumultuous nearly decade-long relationship with Diddy, Montgomery announced her decision to step down from her role on the 'Monuments To Me' podcast.

Who is Dawn Montgomery?

Montgomery is an "award-winning journalist with a demonstrated history of working in the law, sports & media industries. Skilled in Event Management, Public Speaking, Media Relations, Marketing, Sponsorships, Partnerships, Business Operations, Strategic Alliances and Executive Leadership. Strong and Accomplished Media & Marketing consulting professional with a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) focused in Communication and Rhetoric Studies from Oglethorpe University," as per her LinkedIn.

On Monday, November 22, Montgomery shared her departure on social media, citing her status as a sexual assault survivor and expressing her inability to be part of a platform led by Diddy while serious allegations linger.

Why is Dawn Montgomery leaving Diddy's Revolt TV?

She stated, "I won't be signing on to do the [third] season of @revolttv’s 'Monuments To Me' podcast. I am a SA survivor [and] I cannot be a part of a show that's supposed to uplift black women while [Diddy] leads the company." Montgomery emphasized the importance of believing Black women in such situations.

Montgomery further criticized Revolt's leadership for their silence on the matter, stating, "[Their silence] says a lot." Despite her announcement going viral, the company has not reached out to her. While a representative for Revolt did not respond to inquiries, sources suggest that Diddy maintains a firm grip on the media company, allegedly discouraging staff from writing anything negative about him or his close associates.

Notably, Revolt initially did not report on Cassie's lawsuit, only covering Diddy's lawyer's response after the parties settled out of court 24 hours after the lawsuit became public. Diddy, 54, released a statement saying, "We have decided to resolve this matter amicably. I wish Cassie and her family all the best."

His lawyer, Ben Brafman, emphasized that settling the lawsuit does not imply an admission of wrongdoing, reinforcing Diddy's denial. “A decision to settle a lawsuit, especially in 2023, is in no way an admission of wrongdoing. Mr Combs’ decision to settle the lawsuit does not in any way undermine his flat-out denial of the claims. He is happy they got to a mutual settlement and wishes Ms Ventura the best,” he said.

Cassie said of the settlement, “I have decided to resolve this matter amicably on terms that I have some level of control. I want to thank my family, fans and lawyers for their unwavering support.”

Netizens hail Dawn Montgomery's decision

A user tweeted, "I admire this so much. Standing on your values and principles is easy to talk about and much harder to do." Another added, "Always setting the tone, we appreciate you sis." A third tweeted, "I admire your intergrity. Better opportunities are already on their way to you @_dawnmontgomery."

"Proud of you," stated another. "Congratulations for being in a position where you don’t NEED that work. Being able to stand on your principles is a wonderful thing. Hopefully, your stance will help others as well," read a tweet.

Tags news