Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Rihanna’s cousin Tanella Alleyne tragically dies at 28 six years after her brother was killed

2023-09-02 16:29
The cause of Tanella Alleyne's death has not yet been disclosed
Rihanna’s cousin Tanella Alleyne tragically dies at 28 six years after her brother was killed

LOS ANGLES, CALIFORNIA: Tanella Alleyne, Rihanna's cousin, died abruptly at the age of 28, barely six years after her brother, Tavon, was shot and killed on Boxing Day.

The superstar's beloved relative, who had over 55,000 Instagram followers, unfortunately, lost her twin sister when they were only 14 years old.

Where was homegoing service for Tanella Alleyne?

Tanella Alleyne's loved ones attended the St George Parish Church in Barbados on Monday to mourn her demise.

'Lift Me Up' by Rihanna was played during the homegoing service, according to Loop Barbados News.

How did Rihanna's cousin Tanella Alleyne die?

Tanella's adoptive mother, Julie-Ann Bryan, whom Tanella referred to as 'Ju', praised her in a eulogy, describing her as a person who "lived a life of gratitude with an outrageous amount of attitude, sprinkled heavily with confidence."

She told loved ones, "There was something special about Nella; she was bold and courageous. Our love for each other was lit." Her mother said that following a CT scan done prior to her death, physicians discovered a "black mass." However, no cause of death was disclosed.

The memorial service for Tanella featured white attire from her loved ones as they paid their respect to her.

How did Tanella Alleyne's brother Tavon die?

Tanella's brother Tavon was killed in a shooting in Barbados six years ago. The horrific incident occurred just before 7 pm on Boxing Day in 2017 when a gunman shot him many times. Tavon died shortly after being taken to the hospital.

Tavon's assailant fled the site of the incident and has yet to be recognized. Tanella stated shortly after the incident that her brother did not deserve to die. While acknowledging that he was not a saint, she stated that he did not deserve to be slain.

Was Rihanna emotional about Tavon's death?

According to Metro, Rihanna, who welcomed her second kid, a boy, on August 3, "was seen overcome with emotion" and "dabbing tears away from underneath white sunglasses" as Tavon was laid to rest in 2018.

What did Tanella Alleyne say to Rihanna?

Tanella referred to her cousin as a "shoulder to lean on, pray partner, mentor, and sister," on Rihanna's birthday in 2017.

She said, "I still remember the days when you used to take forever to plait my hair for school or even trick me into thinking that you had powers to unlock a car door with your eyes now I'm older and MUCH WISER I know that it was you playing with the buttons," as reported by Daily Mail.

Tanella added in that post, "I love you sooo much words can't explain for never leaving me out and always making sure I have a piece of the cake. God has blessed you tremendously over the years."

She concluded, "I pray he keeps you sane, busy, focused and in good health always. May God overshadow you with favor, make you invisible to this demonic world, and set you free from any mindset that is not of him."

Tanella's biological mother died on March 25, 2003, at the age of 27, from HIV complications.

Tags news