Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Terence Crawford opens up to Joe Rogan about Manny Pacquiao bout that never took place: 'I was disappointed'

2023-08-23 18:56
Terence Crawford was once billed to fight PacMan but the high profile event failed to materialize
Terence Crawford opens up to Joe Rogan about Manny Pacquiao bout that never took place: 'I was disappointed'

OMAHA, NEBRASKA: Terence Crawford, the renowned pound-for-pound fighter, recently made history as the first man in the four-belt era to defeat Errol Spence Jr. Following the triumph, Crawford expressed his desire for another fight he has long wished for.

In a recent podcast episode on 'The Joe Rogan Experience', hosted by Joe Rogan, Crawford disclosed details about his upcoming fight.

Despite his remarkable 40-0 record and nearly a decade of championship status, Crawford wasted no time reveling in his victory. He sought more high-profile fights that would bring substantial earnings.

Crawford revealed his aspirations for a career-defining bout with MMA fighter Manny Pacquiao. Read on to find out more about the conversation between Terence Crawford and Joe Rogan.

Will Terence Crawford fight with Manny Pacquiao?

During the chat on Joe Rogan's podcast, Crawford was questioned about his expectations for his upcoming fight.

Without hesitation, Crawford began discussing his long-awaited recognition, asserting, “I was kinda disappointed… that it took this long for me to get my recognition, for me to get a big marquee fight of this status at 35 years old.”

Moreover, he conveyed his eagerness for a specific bout, a face-off with the former 8-division champion Manny Pacquiao. 'PacMan' holds a legendary status in the sport, despite his retirement in 2021.

Apparently, Crawford has long wanted to challenge him inside the boxing ring. “I was chasing Manny Pacquiao for probably five years before that [Errol Spence Jr. fight].”

Has Manny Pacquiao ever fought Terence Crawford?

As reported by Ring TV, Manny Pacquiao has never faced Terence Crawford in a boxing match. The two were once billed to face off against each other, but the fight fell through eventually.

However, it's worth noting that Pacquiao discussed his potential return to the boxing ring during an interview with FightHype.com on Youtube.

In the interview, he was asked to consider fights against Crawford and Erro Spence Jr as a way to assess their championship credentials.

He answered, “I am eager to fight with them to test them if they’re really a champion. So I want to test them to fight with me.”