Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'A small hiatus': Joy Behar recalls being 'forced' off 'The View' with a snarky remark

2023-05-26 17:57
Joy Behar, 80, was discussing the legacy of Tina Turner, who died on Wednesday, May 24, when she made the unexpected comment
'A small hiatus': Joy Behar recalls being 'forced' off 'The View' with a snarky remark

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Joy Behar discussed the time she was "forced" off 'The View' in an episode that aired on Thursday, May 25. Behar, 80, was recollecting the legacy of Tina Turner, who died on Wednesday, May 24 at the age of 83, when she took an unexpected detour.

"There's something about her. I've been on this show for 26 years right, with a small hiatus as we all know, forced, but when stars die and we've talked about a lot of them, I feel bad," Behar said after watching a performance clip of Turner. She made a snarky remark about being "forced" to take a leave of absence from the show. Behar had taken a break from co-hosting the program in April and when she didn't appear for a while, viewers began to worry.

READ MORE

'We weren't gonna say that': 'The View' host Sara Haines annoyed after co-host Joy Behar discloses her 'secret' on live TV

'Leave me alone': Joy Behar tells 'The View' co-hosts to 'shut up' as they jeer about her personal life

'This death has gotten me'

Speaking of Turner's death, Behar said, "For some reason, this death has gotten me. I don't know why, I feel like crying. I don't know what it is - something about her that she just got to me, I could start crying right now."

Sara Haines seemed to give an explanation as she said, "Everything she ever did, you could feel in your bones," and Behar responded, "It's like a life force... the life goes out on a life force, and that is very profoundly disturbing to me."

Whoopi Goldberg chipped in, adding matter-of-factly, "It's going to happen to us all at some point." Behar, though, was prepared with a snappy response, saying, "It's not going to happen to me. I'm not dying, I won't allow it."

Why did Joy Behar take time off in April?

Whoopi Goldberg, the moderator, disclosed that Behar was absent due to health concerns, according to the Sun. Goldberg said Behar had a "cold" and claimed everyone was praying for her to "feel better."

Goldberg added, "We want to get her back here soon, but after the cold goes away." Behar missed a Monday's episode as well, but she typically skips the first day of the week. Fans were only taken aback when Ana Navarro debuted at the show's opening on Tuesday in her place.

Tags news epcelebs