Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Why was Michael Strahan thrown off by Michael Cera? 'Barbie' star's dry humor leaves 'GMA' host in splits

2023-07-13 18:15
Michael Cera and Kate McKinnon were present in the 'GMA' studio to promote their new film 'Barbie'
Why was Michael Strahan thrown off by Michael Cera? 'Barbie' star's dry humor leaves 'GMA' host in splits

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: ‘Good Morning America’ is a massive platform for artistes of the entertainment industry to promote their upcoming work, thoughts and views about various topics. Only recently, the morning program invited two stars of ‘Barbie’, who with their dry wit and deadpan humor left everyone in splits in the studio.

Michael Strahan hosted a small segment with Kate McKinnon and Michael Cera, the two stars of the Margot Robbie and Ryan Gosling film ‘Barbie’. After being bowled over by McKinnon's hilarious response, Strahan was instantly thrown off when Cera mentioned that his sister does not take his calls anymore. The ex-NFL player was shaken but Cera later clarified that it was only a joke.

What did Michael Cera say that threw off Strahan?

Strahan was enjoying the fun banter with McKinnon before moving to Cera for the next question. As soon as he asked Cera about his character, the actor asked him to pause and looked directly into the camera to wish his niece on her birthday. He said, “Happy Birthday Alyssa!” and everyone in the studio including Strahan clapped but Cera with a straight face later added, “I had to do it this way because my sister who is her mother doesn’t take my calls.”

A brief silence instantly fell over the studio with Strahan feeling that the moment of laughter and joy was way past him. However, Cera immediately intervened and said, “I’m joking.” Strahan realized the genius of Cera humor, shook his head, and laughed. He said, “We’re finding out so much about you here,” completely taken aback by Cera’s joke.

Although, the laughter did not stop as Cera continued to entertain the host throughout with his unusual sense of humor. Strahan even fumbled as he laughed listening to Cera talk about his character Allen in ‘Barbie.’ Viewers who tuned in to watch Cera and McKinnon speak about the film were more than entertained by the duo.

‘I need these two in everything together, they are so awkwardly goofy’

The ‘GMA’ segment with Kate McKinnon and Michael Cera was an instant hit with viewers. One user wrote in the comments of the YouTube video, “Hilarious, chaotic, and downright entertaining! The host is also a good sport,” while a second said, "Kate and Michael are so funny. So intelligent and witty.” A third mentioned, “We need more Michael Cera” while a fourth stated, “I need these two in everything together, they are so awkwardly goofy.” A fifth stated, "Michael Cera....old soul comedy in a millennial body! God, I didn't realize how dry his humor is. The guest you didn't know you needed on a morning show.”