Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'This is such an inspiration': GMA's Ginger Zee hailed for promoting sustainable fashion as she completes 'no new clothes' challenge

2023-06-02 16:30
Ginger Zee completes one year of the 'no new clothes' challenge as she promotes re-wearing outfits and sustainable fashion
'This is such an inspiration': GMA's Ginger Zee hailed for promoting sustainable fashion as she completes 'no new clothes' challenge

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: 'GMA's sweetheart Ginger Zee approves sustainable fashion and it seems like so does the internet. Zee acknowledges the pile of trash that is left behind due to extensive consumption of fast fashion items and articulates the need for second-hand clothing. Something one does not easily hear from celebrities because any event is a joyous moment to be a fashionista.

Zee's 'No New Clothes' challenge is something that has attracted the attention of her followers. It ignited an interest to see whether or not she can surpass the threshold of three months without making any new purchases. Zee not only maintained the challenge for three years; it further encouraged her to think about sustainability and take up the 'No New Clothes' challenge.

'It’s a great challenge to re-think our propensity for overconsumption'

As the pressure mounted on Zee to not engage in the purchase of new clothes, it also provided her with an opportunity to reflect on her previous purchasing decisions. She captioned her achievement on Instagram saying, "It’s a great challenge to re-think our propensity for overconsumption." While Zee acknowledged her purchase of second-hand clothing and a raincoat for emergencies, she still maintains her stance of not purchasing new fabric in a year.

'This is such an inspiration'

The internet lauded her behaviour with one user commenting, "I love this! No reason at all anyone should only wear an outfit once!" Another user commented, "You are so amazing! Saving the world. This is such an inspiration. I often think about overconsumption and its drag on the environment. Keep going!!!" A third user mentioned, "Thank you for showing your vast audience how possible it is to commit to sustainable fashion and ditch fast fashion!! It not only saves our planet, but it saves us money too!! Thrifting/secondhand shopping, borrowing, and wearing what you already have costs so much less than buying new!!" A fourth applauded her guts and said, "I think for you, it particularly valuable since you’re on air and there’s an audience who expects you to have different clothes on, each day. I can rewear things all the time and no one notices. Congrats to you!"

Ginger is concerned about climate change

It is visible that the TV star is extremely concerned about climate change and it shows in her attempts to make sustainable choices. Zee is also looking forward to her new role at the 'National Childrens Museum', where she has been appointed as a part of the climate change panel.

She captioned her Instagram post, "Exciting announcement: I have joined the board of the @nationalchildrensmuseum and was so happy to kick it off as part of their climate change panel with Kim Noble, Arthur Afflek & @crystalbowyer," which ignited the thought that she intends to teach children about climate change and its implications.

The internet lauded her for trying to make a visible difference with one user commenting, "Congratulations on your new journey. You truly deserve it and you will be a great addition to the team." A second user commented, "Way to go Ginger, your boys are the future, and you and Ben are GREAT examples of how to be good custodians for our planet."

This article contains remarks made on the internet by individual people and organizations. MEAWW cannot confirm them independently and does not support claims or opinions being made online

Tags news